My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR FOX-T2 won't record or see recordings

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

markc17

hi
    I have a T2 1Tb with a nearly full drive of irreplaceable Countdown episodes in HD which the unit no longer sees, can anyone help?
    An error displayed after starting up yesterday says that the hard drive must be formattted. The HDD test reports an error code 8. The folder structure in the Media section on both the local and USB hard drives is fine in both cases no files are visible, only folders. I can create and delete new folders. I can try to copy folders from storage to storage but only the folder copies instantly, no files are copied. I am reluctant at this stage to follow the message on screen and format the drive since the problem applies also to all external USB dirves which I know have not also simultaneously failed, so by formatting I am unlikely to resolve it. Humax support have said the unit seems faulty and will send me details of how to get it replaced, so before sending off I will try the format but does anyone have any ideas?
    thanks

| Mon 16 Jul 2012 12:29:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

markc17 - 49 minutes ago  » 
    but does anyone have any ideas?

I think the only alternative to formatting is to install the custom firmware which has a maintenance mode that will allow e2fsck (the Linux utility with equivalent functionality to chkdsk on Windows) to be run. I think there is a reasonable chance that it would recover the bulk of your recordings.

| Mon 16 Jul 2012 13:21:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan C

I have a similar problem after only 18 months - very disappointed with the Humax quality that drives go in such a short time. I formatted the disc as required but still not working.

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 14:03:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Alan C - 40 minutes ago  » 
    I have a similar problem after only 18 months - very disappointed with the Humax quality that drives go in such a short time. I formatted the disc as required but still not working.

Humax don't manufacture the hard drives and there is only a limited choice of suppliers; even so it should last longer than 18 months. If you run the HDD Test by pressing Menu then selecting System>Data Storage>HDD Test what does it report? Is your box still under warranty?

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 14:50:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan C

I get ERROR 8

When I format the hard disc it appears to have no effect - data storage shows capacity 0.

It only hard a 1 year guarantee.

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 17:15:08 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.