My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-FOX T2 won't stop recording. Can't turn it off.

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Edwin

Hello everyone - just registered. Big problem.
    My HDR-FOX T2 is out of control. It's recording and I can't stop it.
    When it was ok yesterday, I set machine to record a BBC HD programme between 1800 and 1900, plus some other digital programmes after than. When I returned home after midnight, the machine was still recording on BBC HD. Big button was glowing red and machine warm and gently humming - and still the same 16 hours later.
    It won't respond to handset commands (pvr button flashing red as normal and handset batteries are fine). Pressing the large button on box has no effect either. So I can't switch TV to the Humax screen to control the Humax box.
    TV is working ok on normal digital channels, but I apparently have no way of controlling the Humax - and so on it goes recording ad infin. The manual forbids turning machine off at mains while its operating.
    I've had the machine for roughly six weeks and this is the first problem.
    All suggestions will be gratefully received.

| Sun 20 May 2012 10:57:24 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Edwin

It would appear that your only recourse is to switch power on/off to the unit, you will probably find that some if not all your timers whilst in this state have failed.

| Sun 20 May 2012 11:15:55 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I've had my 9200 do this, effectively crash but continue to successfully record. Switching OFF, wait 30 seconds, switching ON was the only thing to do. I probably did a Default Setting afterwards just to clear up any problem that may have crept in.

| Sun 20 May 2012 12:05:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Edwin

Many thanks to Barry and Biggles. I unplugged the HDR-Fox T2, waited 10 minutes and then plugged back in (as also advised by helpful salesman at Richer Sounds, Holborn (where I bought it). It now seems to be all right - but I have yet to try recording again.
    Meanwhile, the BBC HD signal intermittently breaks up: picture fractures and goes kaleidoscopic while sounds drops out. I've carefully separated any power cables from the aerial lead. I assume this is a signal problem. We live in north London and have a booster transmitter at New Barnet. Do you agree this is one for our local aerials expert to resolve?
    Thanks again,
    Edwin

| Sun 20 May 2012 15:09:12 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I wonder if you are tuned into 2 transmitters?

New Barnet only carries a 'freeview lite' service ie only 3 multiplexes on channels 59 (BBC A) 55(D3 & 4) and 50 (HD mux)

| Sun 20 May 2012 15:42:41 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.