My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR Owners - Advice Please

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tim

Hi All,
    I have a Freeview HD ready (1080) TV and a Freeview DVD 160GB recorder.
    Digital switch over is due here next month and I had intended to get a basic Freeview HD set top box. However, having looked at what's available and read various reviews etc. I now have a much more ambitious wish list and am seriously drooling over the HDR Fox T2.
    If you could turn the clock back to a time when you were in a similar position to mine what would you do?
    With hindsight, would you still have purchased the HDR Fox or would it have been something else?
    Any of your advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Tim

| Fri 15 Jul 2011 10:56:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

brianmt

Go for it, you won't regret it . I've had mine for over a year and apart from a few minor niggles -sorted out with the new software- it has worked better than I expected. Remember most people go on forums when they have a problem, the vast majority don't. Personally I trawl the forums looking for new ideas. With the new software I can even watch,wirelessly, Humax recordings on my Android phone.
    I bought a 9200T the first week it came on the market and have been a fan of Humax products ever since, Great product

| Fri 15 Jul 2011 11:18:51 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum both of you

Can only endorse what brian has stated.

Whilst there are other PVR's available, some of those are missing features that most would say are definitely needed.

| Sat 16 Jul 2011 9:13:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

brianmt

Thanks Barry, I used to post on the old now defunct Hummy.org when I was having clock problems !!!
    One last comment Regarding the ease of use of the HDR. I bought the 9200t to replace a dvd recorder, which my wife could/would not use, She took to the 9200 immediately found it really easy to use, when I changed to the HDR all she said was " Oh it's Black", I even caught her using iplayer the other day !

| Sat 16 Jul 2011 12:44:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tim

Hi Brian & Barry,
    Thanks for your advice.
    I was a bit surprised at the lack of response from other owners and wondered if I should have joined/posted on a different forum. But, as Brian pointed out, most people only go to forums when they have problems.
    With your 100% product endorsement in mind, I've just placed an order with Comet and am collecting it this afternoon.
    Another month before we get HD freeview in this area so that will give me time to get accustomed to it in SD. Also time for me to ask you more questions if I get baffled by any of the procedures or instructions.
    Thanks again.
    Regards,
    Tim

| Mon 18 Jul 2011 12:30:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

brianmt

Most people originally bought pvr's to replace ageing vhs machines. The Humax is second to none in doing this. I think what we are forgetting is that the FoxHdr is a different animal. With the new software it's become a fully function media centre. I can even watch video's on my android phone (htc desire). I can play from my phone and my pc to my tv, music and video. Ok so it has quirks that bug the hell out of me but I wouldn't be without it. Enjoy

| Mon 18 Jul 2011 15:26:01 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.