My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

HDR Problems

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

antoinb

Hi there,
    I have a Foxsat-HDR ,its currently on HPRSFI 1.00.21.

All was going well until it seems the Olympic channels dissapeared from the box.

The first thing we noticed was the remote would stop working after a bit , on closer inspection the box also locks up aswell.
    A quick flick of the switch on the mains power and the box reboots and everything works well for a time depending on what you are doing.

Last night i was watching Sky News on non-freesat mode i decided to have a clean up of our recordings because quite a few had failed since, while i was doing this i decided to clean out all we had watched aswell.So i was in and out deleting this and moving to that all no problem, then once finished i dedided to turn the freesat back on ,locked up.

It seems anything major the box is asked to do it locks up, i could be watching something quite happily turning up the volume etc , i try to go to the planner and it locks up.
    My question is do you think its a faulty firmware update, if so can i download the same firmware and try to write it over it, or do you think my box is knackered, its only a year old
    Thanks for any help
    Regards
    Anthony

| Sun 26 Aug 2012 10:04:44 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Have you tried a Factory reset?

Dependant on where the unit was purchased it may still be under warranty, so a call to Humax Support might be in order.

| Sun 26 Aug 2012 10:21:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

antoinb

Thanks for your reply, i did try a factory reset but to no avail, we bought it of an installer in France.
    Do you think its done for?

| Sun 26 Aug 2012 11:32:03 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

It may be just a learnt superstition but I whenever I get a lock up it seems to be when browsing the EPG just as a recording is due to start or finish so I try to avoid doing that.

| Sun 26 Aug 2012 19:35:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

antoinb

gomezz - 13 hours ago  » 
    It may be just a learnt superstition but I whenever I get a lock up it seems to be when browsing the EPG just as a recording is due to start or finish so I try to avoid doing that.

Cheers for the message but this is constant, it seems that we can reboot ,be busy with it flicking around for a time before it locks or leave it on the station we are watching, flick to another and then say look at the info for that channel then go to do something else ..locked
    Went to watch a recording last night which played fine for the first 5 mins then skipped and jumped all the way to the end

I dont know much about the box and have only joined the forum when the problem appeared.My educated guess is its probably a bad firmware ,is it possible to download the firmware and tey it again?
    Thanks guys

| Mon 27 Aug 2012 9:30:55 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

My guess is that the filing system/HDD is currupt or damaged. As a last resort try reformmating.

You can download the firmware again from Humax's site 1.00.21 and try reflashing it but I would be suprised if it changed anything - it is check summed before flashing. p.s. read the download instructions.

| Mon 27 Aug 2012 9:45:10 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

antoinb - 14 minutes ago  » 

gomezz - 13 hours ago  » 

Cheers for the message but this is constant, it seems that we can reboot ,be busy with it flicking around for a time before it locks or leave it on the station we are watching, flick to another and then say look at the info for that channel then go to do something else ..locked
    Went to watch a recording last night which played fine for the first 5 mins then skipped and jumped all the way to the end
    I dont know much about the box and have only joined the forum when the problem appeared.My educated guess is its probably a bad firmware ,is it possible to download the firmware and tey it again?
    Thanks guys

I would hazard a guess that your hard disk is on the way out. If it's out of warranty diy replacement up to 1TB is very easy.

You can reflash the firmware using a usb memory stick.

Download and instructions here for firmware.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=65

| Mon 27 Aug 2012 9:48:34 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

GT - Snap
    from the frequency of the problem it could well be a disk problem where the 0.ts file is stored, in which the current programme is buffered.

| Mon 27 Aug 2012 11:13:49 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.