My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR T2 Custom v20 Certificate Security Invalid

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

voxmagna1

I have quite an old HDR T2 I'm happy with. I was getting crashes and reboots when watching some of the lower bitrate poor quality Freeview channels so I decided to do the last custom firmware update v20. iPlayer on the Hummy portal would be nice although I can get it on a mini pc.

After going through the registration hoops I enter the Humax portal and iPlayer returns an error screen: 'Certificate security Validation Failure'. I'm not streaming over a VPN. I've had to do several iPlayer updates on the TV connected mini-PC so I wasn't expecting to get access easily on an old Hummy box.

Is my box too old for secure connection to iPlayer servers, is it related to custom firmware, expired certificates inside the box or something else? Thanks

| Fri 28 Jul 2023 12:30:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

voxmagna1 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have quite an old HDR T2 I'm happy with. I was getting crashes and reboots when watching some of the lower bitrate poor quality Freeview channels so I decided to do the last custom firmware update v20.

Sorry I don't recognise the v20; exactly what version of the custom firmware do you have please? I would suggest you ask your question over at hummy.tv where the custom firmware experts are to be found.

| Fri 28 Jul 2023 14:36:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

voxmagna1 - 3 hours ago  » 
    After going through the registration hoops I enter the Humax portal and iPlayer returns an error screen: 'Certificate security Validation Failure'.

There are 3 latest standard versions of the custom firmware.
    HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13
    HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_3.13
    HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_3.13

On the download page it states if you are unsure which to use then to check it out on a link that is given.
    On that link it states that two of these will not work with iPlayer.
    If you decide to download one of the versions that never works for iPlayer, then when attempting to use iPlayer, you will see the message 'Certificate security validation failure'.

For the version that can use iPlayer you will also need to have installed the package iplfix.
    I'm not sure what happens without the extra package. Even with the appropriate version of custom firmware and the package, iPlayer on the HDR-FOX T2 remains just as flaky as when you only have latest Humax software without also having any of the additional custom firmware.

| Fri 28 Jul 2023 16:48:12 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.