My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

HDR1001s problem saving channels

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

saintpip

Hi all i have a HDR1001s Tivusat box which up to now has been fault free for years from new, however just recently has developed a fault which after searching and saving new channels the next day the channels have disappeared after power down, i was thinking maybe a factory reset but maybe afterwards the box wouldn't save nothing.Guys any ideas or has my Humax come to thee end.

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 10:41:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

That appears to be a box for the Italian market. If so you are on a UK forum and replies may well be few.

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 10:59:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

saintpip

Your right it is a Italian box i'm hoping that someone might know something surely the humax boxes are similar, ok firmware is different but Freesat or Tivusat could be similar in respect of problems ish, i hope so

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 11:18:55 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

saintpip - 1 hour ago  » 
    Your right it is a Italian box i'm hoping that someone might know something surely the humax boxes are similar, ok firmware is different but Freesat or Tivusat could be similar in respect of problems ish, i hope so

How old is the box? Inability to retain settings may indicate that the Non Volatile RAM (NVRAM) is failing.

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 12:22:38 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

Is there a 'backup' battery to maintain stuff as in computer bios etc?

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 14:14:47 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Trev - 48 mins ago  » 
    Is there a 'backup' battery to maintain stuff as in computer bios etc?

Not if it is NVRAM.

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 15:03:33 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

saintpip

The decoder is about 5 to 6 years old. The Nvram makes sense but it's holding most of the channels just the New ones it loses. Surely if the NVRAM was suspect it woundnt save anything.?. Is there a limit to what it can save?

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 15:40:04 #7 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

Martin Liddle - 40 mins ago  » 

Not if it is NVRAM.

Just straw grasping Martin.

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 15:45:29 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

saintpip - 6 hours ago  » 
    The decoder is about 5 to 6 years old. The Nvram makes sense but it's holding most of the channels just the New ones it loses. Surely if the NVRAM was suspect it woundnt save anything.?. Is there a limit to what it can save?

There is of course a limit, but again we can only say our UK limits. I imagine our total number of potential channels may be larger than yours,

Check out this list, channels marked freesat can appear on our freesat epg, In addition you can add Free To air Content that can be watched available on generic satellite boxes from Astra 28,2E which you cannot view in Italy due to the 28.2E UK spot beams and pan europe beams non of which go far enough east to include Italy.

Currently some 988 channels.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

All our Humax satellite boxes can handle all 988 channels and all are stored in NVram.

I can only repeat what has already been posted, It seems likely that your box has a hardware fault. To survive a shut down the whole transponder database and recording schedule needs to be stored in NVRAM, though UK boxes copy the data to the recording Hard disk on boot for fast access.

Some of our very old Humax Terrestrial boxes now lack the NVRAM to store the complete current Terrestrial channel line up. Yours may be similar. (VRAM - Non Volatile Memory - Remembers data after a power off for a very long time)

As you say our boxes are likely to be similar, but not enough to guess what might be the issue.

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 22:44:56 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

saintpip

Thanks for the reply Graham there are a lot of deleted channels in the memory so i thinking maybe a factory reset may clear the NVRAM of channels or prove that the unit has a hardware problem. will sleep on it thanks for your help guys

| Fri 13 Sep 2019 23:41:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.