My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDT-2000T Manual tuning problem

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Has anyone else had a problem with manual tuning on an HDT-2000T?

I tried the other evening (after upgrading) and the Humax could only find stations on one of the 6 channels provided by our transmitter (Rowridge). However, thankfully, the auto tuning process worked fine.

I usually have to manually tune the TVs etc in our house as we also pick up signals from Stockland Hill. So I know the channel numbers well and never normally have a problem manually tuning the other TVs etc.

Without going back to the earlier version of software, I can't now tell if its a general issue or just a post-upgrade problem...? Hence I wondered if anyone else had had the same problem.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 20:33:28 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

One of 6....to much of a coincidence for me not to mention this. Did you remember to change the transmission type from DVB-T2 to DVB-T?

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 21:30:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    One of 6....to much of a coincidence for me not to mention this. Did you remember to change the transmission type from DVB-T2 to DVB-T?

Err, what? Sorry, Barry, you've lost me there but I think you are on to something.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 23:58:23 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Victor Delta - 9 hours ago  » 

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 

Err, what? Sorry, Barry, you've lost me there but I think you are on to something.

The HD Muxes use DVB-T2 rather than DVB-T. To manually tune these you have to change the option. If you don't there won't be a signal.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr2000t-recording-issues#post-31379

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 9:23:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Graham - very many thanks for that. However, it does leave me wondering why the Humax requires one to do this when every other device I have manually tuned does this automatically. Am I missing something here?

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 11:36:52 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Victor Delta - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Graham - very many thanks for that. However, it does leave me wondering why the Humax requires one to do this when every other device I have manually tuned does this automatically. Am I missing something here?

It depends where you are. You could live in an area where reception is possible from more than one transmitter and the box can't know which one you should use. The more sensitive the tuners (which make them usable in poor signal areas makes the situation more likely. Perhaps the other kit you have, had tuners that aren't as sensitive so didn't see the more distant/weaker transmitter. It's sometimes possible to temporarily fit a signal attenuator before auto tuning so a weaker transmitter is ignored. Personally manual tuning isn't hard once you have done it once. I never bother even trying auto tuning my Freeview kit as there's a number of transmitters I could use.

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 11:52:44 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Think we may be at cross purposes perhaps? The issue I was querying is why other devices (in my experience) don't need one to select DVB-T2 or DVB-T for manual tuning.

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 13:24:43 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Victor Delta - 37 minutes ago  » The issue I was querying is why other devices (in my experience) don't need one to select DVB-T2 or DVB-T for manual tuning.

Which other devices have you used?

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 14:03:11 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Victor Delta - 2 hours ago  » 
    Think we may be at cross purposes perhaps? The issue I was querying is why other devices (in my experience) don't need one to select DVB-T2 or DVB-T for manual tuning.

Do any of them have Freeview-HD tuners ?

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 15:25:47 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

grahamlthompson - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Do any of them have Freeview-HD tuners ?

Some do and some just have SD tuners.

So do most Freeview-HD tuners have the DVB-T2/DVB-T option for manual tuning?

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 15:57:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.