My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Hello and newbie help please

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alex_a

Hello. I live in central Scotland and have just taken delivery of a new Foxsat HDR 500GB to replace my ageing Sky+ box. Very impressed by the ease of setup and the picture quality.

The manual is OK for setup and basic functions, but non existent on anything beyond that. Could you point me in the direction of guidance on the following which don't appear in the manual:
    * series link recording
    * internet connection and the Humax portal
    * access to BBC iPlayer
    * any other advanced functions I may not be aware of

One other big issue is that the HDR box seems to have blown up my expensive Cyrus amp, but I have posted about that separately on the Freesat forum. Big warning to other users

Thanks in advance

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 9:27:02 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Series Link Recording: Press OK on the EPG entry and it should offer to record it as a series.

BBC iPlayer access: Press Red (or Text) on any BBC channel and iPlayer should be listed on the home Red Button menu assuming you have connected the box to your router with an ethernet cable.

Advanced functions? Nah! The Humax UI is like stepping back into the stone age compared to my Topfield / MyStuff Freeview (sadly only SD) PVRs. Unless you count access to ITV Player which you get to through switching to a channel in the 900 range (should be obvious which one).

But you can connect an external USB hard drive to offload recordings to and it even lets you play them from there.

And there is Raydon's modded firmware and utilities which let you do other funky stuff.

And access to non-Freesat channels (Now and Next info only).

OK, so there are quite a few advanced features to play with then

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 10:17:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

alex_a

OK, thanks. I'll check out the EPG access.

Is there any easy way to connect the box via Wi-Fi as it's going to be very difficult to get an ethernet cable from my router to where the HDR is

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 13:01:05 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Wireless bridge but Homeplug adaptors which use the mains to interconnect will be much simpler.

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 13:05:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

alex_a

Of course. Forgot about the plug option. Definitely the way to go, thanks

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 13:21:16 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.