My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Hello and question about the best PVR for me

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

danielmak

Hello,
    A friend of mine in the Netherlands has Humax iHDR-5200c. I am looking for something similar that can do the following:
    (A) Record NTSC since I am in the USA (or have options for PAL or NTSC so I could select NTSC)

(B) Record DVB-S since I will be recording DirecTV satellite football games

(C) Record SD MPG or HD (either TS or MKV h264)

(D) Have a built in hard drive (or one that I can add) and that I can drag and drop files from via USB or ethernet (ideally USB since i don't want to hook the PVR to my router.

Thanks.
    Daniel

| Fri 25 May 2012 23:46:44 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I do not think that you will get many suggestions here - to start with you need a i20v 60hz solution for the USA (unless you want it hooked up to a transformer). Cable solutions (Which I think the iHDR-5200c is from a review I read)- can be very specific to the cable company - but from what you write I think it is more a sat solution you are looking for.

With the combinations that you are seeking and the supported standards you want I am wondering if such a solution exists.

| Sat 26 May 2012 13:23:28 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Daniel

As you can tell from the lack of response there is not a lot of info here for American systems, however

You indicated that you want to record DirectTv in which case you have to have a unit compatible with their service, for example the Humax HR24.

| Sun 27 May 2012 11:33:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

danielmak

Thanks, Barry. The problem with all boxes sold (or leased) by DirecTV is that he USB port is not actually connected, so there is no way to drag and drop files from the PVR to my computer. I know that AC Ryan makes a PVR where this is possible but that PVR only works with DVB-T, not with DVB-S. Can I purchase a stand lone Humax HR24 with an active USB port or does Humax only manufacture for DirecTV?

| Tue 29 May 2012 5:02:55 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.