My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Hello from Eastbourne

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Classic49

Hi

I have a Foxsat HDR which I have owned for a few years now and I have generally been very pleased with it.

Lately, I have found that programmes I have been recording as series lose the last minute or so. An example is Camelot (C4) where several of the episodes stopped shortly before the end. Does anyone know why this might be?

Simon

| Sun 7 Aug 2011 17:55:02 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Could be something as simple as broadcaster not sending the correct running status changes. C4 have inproved, but I still find programmes sometimes cut off.

Two options, enable autopadding, or set up a manual repeat timer with padding.

| Sun 7 Aug 2011 18:57:51 #2 |
  3. AANDYY

AANDYY

It happens quite a bit, BBC is a bugger for it but I think are getting slightly better.

| Sun 7 Aug 2011 23:43:07 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

The BBC are the only broadcaster who you can rely on to get it consistently right putting the marker in the ident between programmes. ITV are too late meaning you miss the first several seconds of a programme. Channel 4 and Five seem to put the markers as per the EPG regardless of how late (or early) they are running.

Of course if you have two recordings starting or finishing on different channels which start early or are running late that can screw up the start of the new recordings.

| Sun 7 Aug 2011 23:53:15 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.