My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Help doing work on transmitter

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

swampiesue

Hi, I have lots of programmes scheduled to record but I keep getting message saying that they are doing work on our transmitter one afternoon and may cause disruption. On this day I may need to retune my TV after the work has been done... My question is, if I am not here to retune my TV, will my programmes still record from the Ariel..?

| Wed 24 Apr 2013 8:55:01 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

It would depend on what channels the timers are set on, and if the associated multiplex changes frequency I guess.

| Wed 24 Apr 2013 10:22:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

swampiesue

Hi Barry, thank you. It's set to record the soaps, Dallas and a few other bits. I have just been to the site and this is what's posted.

4G at 800MHz (at800) Freeview reception issues

A retune will happen 01 May 2013 to clear C62: COM6 C50 to C39+ PSB3 C62 to C50. When 800MHz 4G mobile broadband services start there will be 1 multiplex in the higher risk range (C21-23, C30, C59-60): C59: D3+4
    See How do I know if the 4G broadband will overload my Freeview? and Full UK map of 4G issue areas for details.

| Wed 24 Apr 2013 11:36:49 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You can see mux/chan listed here on DTG website:

Link

| Wed 24 Apr 2013 14:33:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

swampiesue - 21 hours ago  » 
    ... A retune will happen 01 May 2013 to clear C62: COM6 C50 to C39+ PSB3 C62 to C50.

PSB3 is where all the HD channels are broadcast. A safety measure for your transmitter for the 1st May and until you get back is to also set timers for the non-HD version of the programme as well.

As for your SD timers you could try also setting timers for repeats just in the unluckily event that the 4g test does cause issues for you. That way you increase the chance of having a watchable recording.

I'd personally just set alternative additional SD timers for the HD programmes and trust to luck for the rest rather than flaff around.

| Thu 25 Apr 2013 9:14:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

swampiesue

Hi thanks for your reply, I tend to only record in SD because it uses less disk space. Dallas is on channel 5 and I am not sure it even has HD ( shows how much I know :oops:)I guess I am a bit of a technophobic.It really is time I increased by broadband allowance to I can watch these things on the internet :lol:..mind you my speed is not up to much either at under 2 megs

Thanks Again

| Fri 26 Apr 2013 9:36:23 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.