My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Help me by 'setting up a recording' test

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Hi,

I hope someone can help me by going to set up a couple of recording to see if they give you the series link option or just the record programme so I can work out if it's the channel being silly or my box that needs a reboot, or just one of those things that'll sort itself out with time.

I have '24 Hours in A&E' set up on Wednesday 9pm on Channel 4 on series link. Next weeks edition 19th February isn't showing as part of the series and it'll only let me set it up as 'record programme'. Also the programme before on Channel 4HD 8pm 'How the other kids live' is set up for series link, last weeks and today's seem to be a series but next weeks again will only let me 'record programme'. This happened with a couple of programmes yesterday too, only on Channel 4 and Channel 4HD so not sure if it's my box being silly or the broadcaster isn't sending out the correct information.

If some people could attempt to set up either programme and see if it gives you the option to record whole series as well as just the programme- that'd be very helpful.

Thank you very much.

| Tue 12 Feb 2019 11:08:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Christina2018 - 57 minutes ago  » 
    I have '24 Hours in A&E' set up on Wednesday 9pm on Channel 4 on series link. Next weeks edition 19th February isn't showing as part of the series and it'll only let me set it up as 'record programme'.

I set up the recording in both SD and HD and series link appears to be working properly (Chesterfield transmitter).

| Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:08:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Right OK that's interesting.

Do you think I should try a reboot to see if that alters things or just wait a few days and see if things sort themselves out? I've never experienced this problem before so I don't know what is best to do.

| Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:12:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Christina2018 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Right OK that's interesting.
    Do you think I should try a reboot to see if that alters things or just wait a few days and see if things sort themselves out? I've never experienced this problem before so I don't know what is best to do.

Try cancelling the recordings you have set for '24 hours in A&E' and then resetting them. It may be that Channel 4 have fixed an error.

| Tue 12 Feb 2019 15:37:12 #4 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Are you getting various series of the programme mixed up, Christina?

Using the search function I can see that there are 24 episodes of 24 Hours in A&E due to be broadcast this week, on C4, 4/7 and More4. There is no episode scheduled at 9pm on C4 on a Wednesday, it is broadcast at 9pm on C4 on Tuesdays.

The Wednesday broadcast is at 23:50 and is a repeat of the Tuesday 9pm broadcast.

Selecting the 9pm broadcast for the 19th does allow me to Record Whole Series (Winter Hill)

| Wed 13 Feb 2019 13:05:42 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Thank you for your replies

Yes I got my days wrong for some reason I had in my head all day yesterday that it was Wednesday and not Tuesday, although everything apart from the date was correct in what I'd said

I had a look and later in the day next weeks 24 Hours in A&E was showing a series link option so I selected that and it all seems fine now.
    On Monday the same happened with another channel 4 programme so I've just had a look now and it's also showing the series link option, when it wasn't earlier.
    So it seems to be something to do with how long I've had the box on for, on the times it's not been there the box had only been on for about 20 minutes, whereas later in the day when I check it's been a few hours. Or Channel 4 had a issue and fixed it.

It's all rather puzzling but I'll see how things continue and report back if I see any future issues.

Thanks again for your time and help

| Wed 13 Feb 2019 14:46:50 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.