My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

help, used wrong remote!

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

oliviac

Hi all, am staying at someone else's house and they have a Sony TV and a Humax Foxsat HDR. They left us strict instructions not to use the Sony remote but my husband just did so we've lost the channels. Their Sony tv isn't tuned in. We've tried turning everything on and off again etc, nothing working.

The instructions before were to turn the TV on, then press pvr and the power button to turn on the Humax - that brought the channels up for us to flick through. Now - nothing, just the blank channels from the Sony, we can't see the Humax channels.

Any ideas how to get it back?! Thanks!

| Fri 2 Sep 2011 20:36:13 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Sounds like the input source to the TV has been inadvertantly changed, but why usng the TV remote would afffect this I do not know.

Don't have a Sony TV so this is guesswork until some one eho does perhaps posts better info.

If the Humax remote has been set up to control the TV try (with the Humax on)

Press TV on Humax remote:

Press source button (bottom left hand side button) this may either - cycle the input sources so eventually the picture from Humax will appear, or bring up a menu on screen for you to select the input, if that is the case try each one in turn.

| Fri 2 Sep 2011 21:28:36 #2 |
  3. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

I concur. If you used the TV remote and pressed a number button, the TV will probably have switched to analogue source.

There may be an input or source button on the Sony remote, which may have a symbol that looks like an arrow pointing into an oval box. Press that a few times with the Humax and TV switched on.

| Sat 3 Sep 2011 9:12:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

oliviac

Thanks Barry, will give it a try!

| Sat 3 Sep 2011 11:18:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

oliviac

Thanks Fenderbender, will try that too!

| Sat 3 Sep 2011 11:18:59 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.