My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Hesitation of picture during viewing

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Millerj

I have had this FVP 4000T for 3 months. It has started to hesitate when we are viewing normal TV. The picture freezes for about 2/4 seconds then continues.
    The signal is over 90% and we don't have any problems with the old version of this model.
    Anyone ideas?

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 11:35:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Millerj - 17 minutes ago  » 
    The signal is over 90% and we don't have any problems with the old version of this model.

Does the 90% refer to signal strength or signal quality?

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 11:53:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Millerj

Hi Martin.
    I have checked signal strength and quality on several channels and I get 89% to 95% for Strength, the best is BBC the lowest was ITV Channel 10, ITV3.
    100% for quality.

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 15:03:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Millerj - 4 hours ago  » 
    I have checked signal strength and quality on several channels and I get 89% to 95% for Strength, the best is BBC the lowest was ITV Channel 10, ITV3.
    100% for quality.

One possibility is that your signal strength is too high. If there is any amplification in your aerial system then try turning it down or removing it; alternatively fit a variable attenuator to the aerial feed. We had a similar problem with an HDR-2000T which was resolved by fitting a variable attenuator and reducing the reported signal strength below 80%.

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 19:51:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Millerj - 4 hours ago  » 
    100% for quality.

One possibility is that your signal strength is too high. If there is any amplification in your aerial system then try turning it down or removing it; alternatively fit a variable attenuator to the aerial feed. We had a similar problem with an HDR-2000T which was resolved by fitting a variable attenuator and reducing the reported signal strength below 80%.

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 19:58:02 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.