My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Hi everyone...

(4 posts)
  1. Gothamite

Gothamite

Nice to be here.
    I hope I can add to the forum by being ofhelp and sharing my Humax experience.
    I have recently purchased a Freesat HDR 1100s to replace Sky.
    Main reason for purchase?
    All-sorts really:
    Skycosts, not watching Sky content, but one reason was the Netflix feature. I used to watch thru my PS3 but now it's all thru my Humax, and for some reason, the picture quality seems slightly better.
    Another reason for choosing Freesat was the radio. Yes you can record radio on Sky but you cannot select an individual radio program to record ( without doing it manually...). The Humax allows you to. A big plus for me.

Any glitches thus far?
    Just one:
    Occasionally after bringing the Humax out of standby, the welcome screen and TV guide appears minimised at the top left hand corner. Bit annoying. And horrid of by powering off and back on again.
    I did call Humax about this and they said it was an HDMI cable issue. To be honest I got a bit miffed about this as it was the cable that came supplied and they would not send another.
    Anyhoo I swapped the cable for a high speed one and since then no problems.
    I've a couple more questions that I will post in the right lists at a later date.

Gothamite.

| Wed 21 Mar 2018 17:29:43 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

| Wed 21 Mar 2018 18:15:29 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Welcome also, These units have a reputation for a excellent picture and up-scalar. I have mine set to output the picture to the TV at 1080p. In my view this saves the TV resyncing and is better than t the TV's up-scalar.

| Wed 21 Mar 2018 19:53:55 #3 |
  4. Gothamite

Gothamite

Just changed the default setting from 1080i to 1080p.
    Wow.
    Thought the picture was good anyway but even to my aging eyes it seems far better.
    (Which, to be fair I'm still viewing on an old Panny plasma. Still a lovely telly imho...)
    Cheers!

| Wed 21 Mar 2018 21:28:35 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.