My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Hi, New member here!

(5 posts)
  1. chippychip

chippychip

Hi, this is my first post, so please be gentle!! if this is not the poace to post these two questions, then please direct me to the right spot!
    I've just bought a new Humax DTR -T2000 500GB model from my local Argos, and so far, I'm really pleased with the unit!
    However, I have just two issues, that you guys may help.
    Firstly, I downloaded the YouView App from the google store, onto my OnePlus X phone, but try as I might, I just can't to get the app to find the unit! I get the message "Your YouView box cannot be found" HOWEVER, I tried again with my Samsung tablet, and hey presto, it found it! At least I can use it on the tablet! Has anyone had success with this App?

Secondly, can you upgrade the hard drive to a bigger capacity, say a 1TB drive, or am I restricted to the drive that's in the unit? I would imagine there are one or two steps to go through the upgrade, but it's not worth the bother if I can't upgrade!

Thanks for any replies you may offer, and to say one again, I'm really impressed by the unit!

Thank you

Graham

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 12:53:14 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum Graham

Can't be much help as I no longer have any Youview units connected up...however upgrading HDD would be a simple process on this unit, 3 screws to remove top cover then iirc 4 screws to release the HDD carrier.

However, obvious I know, but have to point out this voids your warranty.

Admin Edit: Thread moved to YouView section.

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 13:45:47 #2 |
  3. chippychip

chippychip

Thank you for your prompt reply. I managed to get the app to work in the end ( it was on the wrong network!)

I might upgrade the HDD after the warranty runs out, as there is a sticker stuck over the corner to deter diving into the unit, but if its an easy job, it won't take long. I also notice that although the grills are in place for a fan, there's not one there, so I might add a fan while I perform the HDD upgrade.

Graham

| Fri 3 Nov 2017 12:51:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

martinfreye

Hello,,new boy here, bought Humax box fvp4000t but it doesn't work, I can get channels ok and had ones but it won't record, pause or play back. Recordings are there ok but to play them I get a failure message, wrong format. I have installed it using the wizard so what's wrong?

| Fri 7 Sep 2018 22:42:10 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

@chippychip. A hair dryer will probably allow removal without destruction of the seal.

@martinfreye. It would be better to start your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's. It makes answering questions much more difficult and confusing especially when taking into consideration different boxes as well.

| Fri 7 Sep 2018 23:25:06 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.