My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

High definition video to Foxsat HDR

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisol

Hello, I am a newcomer to this site.
    I have Foxsat HDR with external USB drives that I can edit off line. For some time I have used VideoReDoTV Suite to edit Standard definition TV programmes followed by AV2HDR to restore the edited mpegs to Humax format. Obviously I realise that I can't do the same thing with High Definition programmes. I have now bought a camera with High Definition AVCHD (1920x1080) video and would like to convert this onto the Humax in High Definition. I can downgrade the 1920x1080 to 720x576 pixels (with Koyote Soft Free HD Converter) and then use AV2HDR for SD video very happily. What I want to know is, is there a way of achieving 1080i output through AV2HDR or equivalent (free) software?

| Wed 16 Nov 2011 14:35:36 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AV2HDR works perfectly with 1920 x 1080 files .MTS files from my camcorder. I assume you have only got the SD version of Videoredo TVsuite. I recommend you upgrade to the H264 version (you can download a trial version).

http://www.videoredo.com/en/Download.htm

This will also handle non encrypted HD recordings made in non-freesat mode.

There are other ways but none as easy as the above software. For instance using a video editor to edit the clips and again output as full HD .mts.

As a test use tsmuxergui to add one clip and then use the join option to add some more clips. Output to .mts. AV2HDR should accept the file OK

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR

If you have a blu-ray player or a pS3 you can burn up to around 30 mins of Full-HD to a standard DVD blank using a normal DVD burner, tsmuxer will create the two folders required for AVCHD and IMGburn will burn the folders in udf2.50 for you

Welcome to site by the way

| Wed 16 Nov 2011 15:07:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisol

Thank you for that helpful reply. tsmuxergui worked fine. The next step is to find a good free hidef video editor. Can you recommend one?

It would have saved me a lot of aggravation if I had joined earlier!

| Wed 16 Nov 2011 16:40:03 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have never found free software that will work in a user friendly way with AVCHD footage.

Happy it worked for you. I use two Sony Vegas HD Platinum 11 and Magix Movie Edit Pro MX Premium. The latter is a bit more expensive but is easier to use for a novice as it's an all on one editor and burning package. For Disc creation with Sony Vegas you have to use a seperate (provided( package. Magix also more fully supports 5.1 audio if your camcorder has 5.1 capability.

If monies an issue you might be able to get the previous version of Magix (Edit Pro Plus 17) for less money. Try Amazon. If I could afford it I would go back to Adobe Premiere Pro but it's very expensive and requires a 64 bit OS.

Both the above can bew downloaded free for a trial period so you can try them out. Note if you do this check the full retail version rather than buying the licence. For Magux for instance the full packagee is cheaper than the licence and you get a printed manual.

If you want free software you could try the Win 7 version of Windows Movie Maker which works with AVCHD (assuming you have Win 7), compared to a proper video editor with multiple timeline tracks it's very limiting.

| Wed 16 Nov 2011 17:26:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisol

Thanks again for helpful comments. It is good to have experts at hand. I am now trying out the H.264 version of VideoRedo TV Suite. I can pass the Lumix G3 camera 1080i to AV2HDR via TSMUXERGUI using both .ts and .m2ts outputs. The output plays fine on Humax after AV2HDR. When I try to input the camera output to VideoRedo H264 the picture and sound are fine within VideoReDo. For saving there are a variety of output formats. Which one should I use to duplicate the TSMUXERGUI format. At present I lose the sound and the picture seems jittery after AV2HDR.

| Thu 17 Nov 2011 12:00:56 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you upload 30-40 seconds of clips to a file share site so I can have a play. My Sony camcorder footage when output by Videredo in m2ts and 5.1 ac3 audio works flawlessly. It may help if you copy and paste the AV2HDR file information into a post to find out why there's no audio.

If you have the H264 version of Videoredo you don't need TSmuxer. Open a file browser window, select all your clips and drag them onto Videoredo window, choose the join option and output as one big file. (.M2ts). If you open this in Videoredo then you can cut edit as usual.

| Thu 17 Nov 2011 13:19:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisol

Here is the next development. I get fine Humax video provided I remux the output of VideoRedo H264 using TSmuxer either TS or M2TS output. So my working results are obtained with camera output to VideoRedo. VideoRedo output H.264 M2TS or TS. TSmuxer on VideoRedo output with output TS or M2TS. AV2HDR then yields working Humax files. Incidentally, they don't play with VLC.

There is no problem with editing files in the usual way. Only the output is strange!

I don't know how to use the clip board in Video Redo so I will type info out by hand!

Audio Stream 1
    Codec AC3 Format AC3 stream
    Channels 2 PID x1100
    PES stream ID xBD Bit rate 192 Kbps
    Sampling rate 48K Sampel size 16 bits

The input to AV2HDR after Video redo yields:
    Video:
    format BDAV
    Format info Blueray video
    Audio:
    ID 4352(0x1100)
    Mean ID 1(0x1)
    Format AC-3
    Channels 2
    Bit rate 192 Kbps
    Sample rate 48K

This fails to yield sound on Humax files. If I remux before AV2HDR the source video information at the input to AV2HDR is identical, though the output to Humax now has working sound!

So I have a mystery (at least to me). At the moment I can operate using the remux. If you can spot anything funny with the source information I would be grateful. I am puzzled by the Blueray video format.

I am not familiar with file share sites so won't do anything about this at present.

Thanks for your help.

| Thu 17 Nov 2011 15:14:26 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bit of a mystery, might need the maestro Raydon :-), to explain this one. Could be just a settings change in VRD.

As to vlc not playing the content try this media player which gives smooth HD playback on even quite low specced PC's

http://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html

A good file share site

http://www.4shared.com

Blu-ray is compatible with AVCHD (H264/AVC) as used by HD camcorders and for HD digital broadcasting, and with BDAV as used on blu-ray discs. Why your camcorder footage appears as BDAV puzzles me.

| Thu 17 Nov 2011 15:34:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisol

Thank you for all your help. Splash seems a nice player and it works with files that VLC can't handle. There seems to be a lot of mystery about some of this technology!

| Thu 17 Nov 2011 16:59:03 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.