My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

High Eco Mode Nightmare!

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

qwertykb

None of the demand service will play a program when turning on from High Eco Mode, the ads are fine on the commercial channels; my shiny new 1010 has to be reset every time! Help please I'm being driven insane by this fault. Thank you.

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 8:37:35 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

In settings - System info - Network info, when you have the problem has the 1010 acquired an IP address.
    Also are there any differences in this info in before and after a reset?
    What router are you using?

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 8:46:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

qwertykb

Hello REPASSAC

Thank you for responding!

Yes an IP address has been acquired and it is the same after a reset.

Router is a Thompson TG582n which is linked to the 1010 via Bekin Powerline; broadband is a consistent 14mb.

The fact the ads are fine but the program is a mixture of giant coloured pixels with sound skipping by and forth then freezing is just a mystery. More so when you realise it works fine if you don't set Eco Mode to High?!

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 18:52:21 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do you have the model of the powerline adaptors? I want to see if they have a power saving feature (Which could be the source of the problem).

I must admit I cannot understand what difference this power setting could make as in both the standby types the Ethernet port should be unpowered.

I assumed before that as you has a 1010 you would be connected vis Wifi. Does the same problem exist via WiFi or even cable?

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 19:30:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

qwertykb

My Belkin is a Powerline AV+ model F5D4079.

The plot thickens; On the box and the label on the back of the device it says its a T1010. When I look at the Device Information it says its a T1000. I am confused??

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 20:19:24 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

qwertykb - 13 hours ago  » 
    My Belkin is a Powerline AV+ model F5D4079.
    The plot thickens; On the box and the label on the back of the device it says its a T1010. When I look at the Device Information it says its a T1000. I am confused??

What colour is it ? The 1010 is white and the 1000 black

| Sun 11 Aug 2013 9:47:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

qwertykb

Well there's good news and there's bad news.

Good news: spot on Barry it is a Youview box, I didn't know that is what I was buying, I thought it was just A Humax DTR T1010.

Bad news: even after resetting the box it will now only show on demand program's from BBC iPlayer nothing else works, apart from the dam ads at the beginning. I have taken some video of what is happening, just have to find somewhere to upload it too :o)

Thank you for your continued help guys.

| Tue 13 Aug 2013 19:51:45 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.