My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Home NAS not detected on network

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ph2003

Hi all,

I would like to view the contents of my NAS boxed through my Humax so that I can watch film on the main tv.

I recently managed to get both devices connected to my netgear router via 10/100 LAN cables and have an excellect connection from one device to the other.

The NAS has a manual IP of X.X.X.253 and the Humax has a manual IP of X.X.X.252. I can access the TV Portal without issue so the LAN connection looks to be ok as is internet access.

When I search the network for the NAS through storage the Humax come back with 'no media server detected'.

Is it possible to enter a unc path in the Humax eg \\server\share to tell the Humax where my files are located on the network?

| Sun 8 Jan 2012 8:16:41 #1 |
  2. Tembo11

Tembo11

Not certain that it is the issue here but have you made certain that you have "sharing" enabled on the NAS if you've only just created the LAN

| Sun 8 Jan 2012 9:58:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ph2003 - 3 hours ago  » 
    When I search the network for the NAS through storage the Humax come back with 'no media server detected'.

So does the NAS have a DLNA server and is it enabled?

Is it possible to enter a unc path in the Humax eg \\server\share to tell the Humax where my files are located on the network?

Not with the standard firmware. The user community firmware will allow this.

| Sun 8 Jan 2012 11:24:21 #3 |
  4. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

ph2003 - 4 hours ago  » 

Sounds like something to do with sharing or permissions. Can you see the media files from a PC connected to the network?

| Sun 8 Jan 2012 12:30:00 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.