My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

How do you Edit Favorite Group names?

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

welly

Hi I'm new to this forum so not sure if this is correct subfolder for this question.

I have a HD-FoxT2 with a usb HD.
    I found that by doing a automatic channel search I end up with about three different channels for each service. IE for example I might get three BBC One (Wales) services all with different channel numbers say 1, 827, 864. Now some of these channels break up and only one of them appears stable. I would like to make that one channel 1. I would then like to repeat this for all the other services with multiple channel numbers. What is the best way to do this?
    Also can I edit the favorite group names which start out as favorite 1-5?

many thanks, Ian
    Again not sure if I should be in this sub forum

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 10:09:46 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

You are best off deleting all your existing channels then doing manual searches for just the MUXes from your preferred local transmitter.

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 10:11:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

welly

Thanks Gomezz,
    I have just taken a look at the Humax User guide and read the section on manual searching???
    But how, as a mere user, can I find the details of the information required for over 300 services/channels?
    Are there any details eleswhere in this forum?

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 10:23:05 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tell us where you live, and which way your aerial points and one of us will provide the instructions. Aternatively put your postcode in here

http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/coverage.html

At the next screen make a note of which transmitter it says.

Now re-enter the data and tick the I am in the trade box.

Post any alternative transmitters together with the one at the top of the list

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 10:42:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

welly - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Gomezz,
    I have just taken a look at the Humax User guide and read the section on manual searching???
    But how, as a mere user, can I find the details of the information required for over 300 services/channels?
    Are there any details eleswhere in this forum?

Digital TV combines the individual channels into groups called multiplexes. You manually tune to a multiplex and typically there are 6 multiplexes per transmitter. You can obtain the data for your locality by going to http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/when_do_i_switch and ticking the "I am in the aerial installation trade" box. This will show you the alternatives. The important thing is to select a set of multiplexes from a single transmitter and manually tune to them. This should results in no channels above 800 (or possibly just one or two); more than one or two above 800 indicates that the manual tune has not worked correctly.

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 10:42:42 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

welly

Hi Martin/Graham,

thanks for feedback.
    I went to the link in your message and obtained some info, which did not seem to copy and paste too well to a windows doc. So here is the link to the actual web page
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/postcodechecker/main/trade/sy233eu/5/0/7drj4pqpnb4us4epah9jgaje05
    My aerial is pointing directly to the Blaenplwyf transmitter and not to the Penrhyncoch relay because of where we live (its hilly around here).
    Hope this makes some sense,

Ian

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 12:30:20 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I can't even pronounce the transmitter name

Here goes

Menu/Settings/Edit Channels 0000(assuming default password) Edit Channel List Blue Select all Red delete. Green change to Radio and repeat

Exit

Menu/Settings/Installation 0000 Manual Search

Choose channel 27 check Transmission says DVB-T. Search and save results, repeat for 24 25 22 28. Now select 21 change Transmission to DVB-T2 and search and save, that should be it.

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 12:54:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

welly

Hi Graham,

followed your instructions seems better although I noticed when Humax is doing manual scanning it seemed to start at the selected channel, say 27 but seemed to end up on channel 49 before the save option? I still have some channel numbers in the 1000's.

Ian

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 13:13:43 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Somethings wrong, manual tune only scans the single mux you select. Sounds like you are choosing autotune not manual tune.

Start again and in the final step choose manual tune select the channel number and press the right arrow, just scroll to the right number. Change the transmission mode the same way.

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 13:20:08 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

welly

Graham,

definitely using manual scanning option. I have now tried starting the manual scan on, say, channel 27 watching the Humax and as soon as it moves on to next channel stopping the scan and then selecting the save option. Repeating for each of the other channels including the HD one and now everything seems fine. No odd channel numbers.

thanks for your help,
    Ian

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 13:48:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.