My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

How to get the most out of Manual Tune feature?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Just curious to know what the Foxsat can do when it comes to receiving other FTA channels, specifically those not on the Freesat 28.2E satellite.

By accessing the hidden options for Manual Tune using the colour button combination (RGYBGYB) I noticed there are options to change the satellite and DiSEqC options, though I don't really know what I'm doing with that at the moment. I did notice that my box can see ASTRA 1 19.2E with a really high quality signal though (as good as Freesat 28.2E) but doing a quick scan seems to reveal only the same channels that I already have in Freesat mode.

Any advice or links to tutorials so I can try getting more FTA channels from around the world would be great, mostly so I can expand my knowledge of how satellite TV works!

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 11:39:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can't see 19.2E, To do that you either need a second dish or a second lnb fitted to a offset bracket with a suitable offset or a motorised dish (not a very good option for a Foxsat). Your dish is aligned to pick up signals only from 28.2/28.5E.

A non freesat tune will give you access to any of the following

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

A second lnb on 19.2E will find these

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=19.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

A diseqc switch selects the right lnb for the channel you want to watch. Guide here

http://foxsat-hdr.wikispaces.com/DiSEqC

Guide to setting

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 12:04:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Yep, I gave it a good old go with a regular minidish style satellite positioned for 28.2E pickup and basically just got a bunch of duplicates. Not terribly useful... a channel wipe and just doing a freesat 28.2E scan is fine, with the HD channels toploaded as 5001-5005 so can be recorded unencrypted, a feature I'm looking forward to using to grab the new Peep Show episodes on Channel 4 HD early next month!

| Tue 23 Oct 2012 0:57:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Xraytod

Am I correct in thinking that manually tuning means you lose the Freesat EPG with its series etc record features ?

| Thu 25 Oct 2012 11:28:54 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Xraytod - 2 hours ago  » 
    Am I correct in thinking that manually tuning means you lose the Freesat EPG with its series etc record features ?

Yes (only now/next) but only while you are in non-freesat mode. Switching back to Freesat mode everything is normal. The act of adding manually tuned channels creates non-freesat mode and an extra menu item to switch between the two.

| Thu 25 Oct 2012 13:31:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Xraytod

Ahh - interesting. I assumed you merely switched to Non-freesat mode in the settings menu.
    Shame the motorised setting loses 1 tuner as otherwise the box would be Brill ! Dont suppose the new HDR 1000S is any better in this respect ? I cant find any detailed info on it apart from the sales leaflet....

| Thu 25 Oct 2012 14:42:13 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.