My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

How to watch PVR recording on 2nd TV wirelessly

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

marjhanna

I have an HDR FOX T2 which I use to record lots of programmes in front room where I normally watch them. I would love to be able to watch some of these recordings on my bedroom TV......but without having to physically connect them.
    Is this possible? Have searched forums but get lost in the jargon - so please don't give too technical answers!
    Bedroom TV has a USB mode but it would be a pain to transfer recordings from PVR to USB memory stick...if even possible?
    Maybe a newer PVR model exists that would allow me to do this watch my recordings wirelessly without hassle????
    Not the end of the world if I can't sort it.....but would've to be able to without an electronics degree!!!

| Tue 12 Jun 2018 16:35:57 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The easiest way is a second HDR-FOX-T2 connected to the bedroom TV. HDR-FOX-T2 boxes can view all the recordings on a second box.

So you could also watch recordings made on the bedroom box in the lounge.

Both would need to be connected to your home network.

Other than that the bedroom TV would need to be a smart one with a dlna client app or a seperate box connected to a bedroom TV hdmi port.

Welcome to our forum.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R9.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.XHumax+.TRS0&_nkw=humax+hdr+fox+t2&_sacat=0

| Tue 12 Jun 2018 18:07:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

marjhanna

Ok let's clarify here.....with a 2nd HDR FOX T2 connected to my bedroom TV, I could record programmes on my original HDR FOX T2 downstairs and yet view them very simply upstairs without need for cables etc or any thing else complicated????

If I'm going to splash out on 2nd PVR is there a better one to get, considering all I want is basic recording & most the of my viewing is done on downstairs on PVR/TV connection., Not really bothered about HDR - basic is good enough for me.

| Wed 13 Jun 2018 0:49:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

marjhanna - 8 hours ago  » 
    If I'm going to splash out on 2nd PVR is there a better one to get, considering all I want is basic recording & most the of my viewing is done on downstairs on PVR/TV connection., Not really bothered about HDR - basic is good enough for me.

A cheaper alternative for the bedroom to enable the same functionality of playing your downstairs HDR-FOX T2s recordings in the bedroom is an HD-FOX T2. The HD-FOX T2 is also smaller and so is an easier option for installing a bit more discreetly in the bedroom.

And of course there is zero risk of buying one where you can hear the drive ,or the fan, as the HD-FOX T2 comes with neither, though an external self powered HDD (not easily flash) can provide some recording features.

It has basically the same menus and remote as the HDR-FOX T2 so you'll already be familiar with its menus.

| Wed 13 Jun 2018 8:59:12 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

marjhanna - 8 hours ago  » 
    Ok let's clarify here.....with a 2nd HDR FOX T2 connected to my bedroom TV, I could record programmes on my original HDR FOX T2 downstairs and yet view them very simply upstairs without need for cables etc or any thing else complicated????

Whether you need cables depends on how you connect both boxes to your home network. You could connect using WiFi or use homeplugs to use your home wiring to make the network connection.

It would need to be a Humax HDR-FOX-T2 (or as Luke suggests a HD-FOX-T2).

Only these have the required DTC-IP DLNA Client and Server that allows encrypted HD content on the remote box to be viewed.

| Wed 13 Jun 2018 9:32:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

marjhanna

Thanks folks

| Wed 13 Jun 2018 14:38:21 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.