My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

How to watch recorded series in correct order

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Susie73

I have just purchased an FVP 4000T and cannot find out how to watch a series of programmes (set in 'record whole series) in the correct order. The only way I can watch the earliest recorded episode is to watch the later ones first then delete them. Is it a feature of this machine or is there something I should be doing?

I would be grateful for any advice.

| Wed 8 Feb 2017 16:38:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

Unfortunately, you have to choose the oldest episode manually.

To do this, when you've entered the programme folder and see the list of episodes on the left - these will look like '7 NOV' - press the left arrow on your remote until one of these episodes is highlighted.

Now, press the up arrow until the oldest episode is highlighted, then press 'ok' on the remote, then right. When you press play epsiode, it will play the episode you have just chosen.

I hope this helps.

| Wed 8 Feb 2017 16:51:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

To say the operation of the fvp4000t is somewhat counter intuitive would be an understatement.

The tricky bit is differentiating between functions it should do and simply doesn't and functions it does do, but in a really obscure way.

I can imagine the FAQ's being useful to you over the next few days, welcome to the forum.

| Wed 8 Feb 2017 18:28:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Susie73

Yes, it would help if the User's Manual gave more information. I have previously owned Topfield and Panasonic recorders and they are much easier and quicker to use. I'm beginning to regret buying a Humax, I just needed the extra storage and being able to record more programmes at the same time.
    Another problem I have is that twice the recording has stopped 7 or 8 minutes before the scheduled end of the programme. I have now set in 3 minutes padding but I'm not sure if this will help.

| Wed 8 Feb 2017 19:55:56 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.