My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Howdy From Beds

(7 posts)
  1. Davygogs

Davygogs

Howdy chaps

Just taken the plunge & purchased a FVP-4000t 1TB box so no doubt i`ll be picking your brains with daft questions some time soon!

Moved house 18 months ago where we had Virgin but have made do with a Mickey Mouse Freeview box here until now.

So far so good despite only having a loft aerial & standard BT broadband & found it quick & easy to set up.

If anyone is toying with the idea of getting one Debenhams have the 1TB box on offer for £205 at the minute. Got mine from Richer Sounds who kindly beat that price as they usually do

Off for a read around the forum now so thanks for all the info.

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 18:52:35 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

FAQ is a good place to start.

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 19:02:06 #2 |
  3. Davygogs

Davygogs

Cheers Barry

Had a good read of those before buying & wasn`t put off!

Still finding channels i didn`t know existed so happy days.

Some of the weaker channels freeze / stutter occasionally but cant expect miracles with a loft aerial. Signal strength 88% quality 100% seems pretty good id say. Would an external aerial improve things even more or is it good enough as is?

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 16:08:17 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Those figures look fine to me.

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 16:32:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Davygogs - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Some of the weaker channels freeze / stutter occasionally but cant expect miracles with a loft aerial. Signal strength 88% quality 100% seems pretty good id say. Would an external aerial improve things even more or is it good enough as is?

I would say an external aerial would makes things worse. 88% signal strength is more than enough and might even be a touch too high.

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 16:44:53 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Davygogs - 1 hour ago  » 
    Cheers Barry
    Had a good read of those before buying & wasn`t put off!
    Still finding channels i didn`t know existed so happy days.
    Some of the weaker channels freeze / stutter occasionally but can't expect miracles with a loft mounted aerial. Signal strength 88% quality 100% seems pretty good i`d say. Would an external aerial improve things even more or is it good enough as is?

There is nothing wrong with a loft mounted aerial providing you can get enough signal (and you have), protected from the wind and rain I wouldn't consider anything else. Of course a professional aerial installer might try and convince you differently but the reasons for that are obvious. I am the only one in my area without an aerial on the chimney, neighbours think I haven't got a telly, what I have got is reliable reception from a good installation.

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 17:54:38 #6 |
  7. Davygogs

Davygogs

That`s good to hear. Thanks guys.

High up & always windy here so i`ll leave things as they are!

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 18:57:40 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.