My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Humax 1000s alternative

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobmoore

Can anyone suggest an alternative to this Humax machine.
    Ideally one that allows folders, direct access to on demand etc.

| Thu 19 Jan 2023 9:27:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Bobmoore - 3 hours ago  » 
    Can anyone suggest an alternative to this Humax machine.
    Ideally one that allows folders, direct access to on demand etc.

Hi Bobmoore,

Welcome to the Humax forum. Well the 1100S model is more reliable, but same software as 1000s. There really is not much to choose from currently.

I use various pvrs, inc Freesat + also Firestick for up to the minute updates on Apps. I think (this is my own view) best solution if you are still interested in recording functions, is to purchase an older Humax Foxsat pvr. This has folders that you can change. You can also download FREE software to customise the pvr with extra features BUT no Apps: https://www.avforums.com/threads/humax-foxsat-hdr-custom-firmware-how-to-video-help-please.2318729/

I simply change HDMI input in 2 seconds to Firestick input. The firestick cost brand new 1/2 price in Amazon's prime day sale & using Humax 1100s & Foxsat pvrs (good used models approx. £50+/- online) solve my setup. I'm very happy, it's more reliable & faster than Humax's own apps, but if you are looking for an all in one solution - nothing available other than current Arris pvr that is fairly similar to Humax & even if there was, you are wasting your money, as technology advances & the Apps are no longer supported. Hopefully given you some food for thought? John L

| Thu 19 Jan 2023 13:16:24 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.