My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Humax 1010s 1tb

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lizac

My box hs been playing up for some time freezing then after doing the usual unplug etc was ok. Now the box says startign then I get Fr then it switches off then on. This has been like this for over a week. I contacted Humax they said it was a system update but will be fixed soon - WHEN!! Still witing my 2 year guarantee. Any help would be appreciated.

| Sun 23 Oct 2016 19:40:28 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Welcome to the forum.

I don't understand Humax's comments - I think that their comment relates to a newish freeview model.

The usual startup after a power disconnect is to start, set the clock and then enter standby. It should them start normally.

Freezing is not at all normal and I would suggest you try a reset to default. You will loose your schedule but not your recordings.
    A photo of the schedule is a quite method.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 8:07:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

lizac

Thanks REPASSAC below is the reply I had from Humax

We are aware of an issue causing some Freesat units to reboot.

This was caused by some changes made by Freesat and is in the process of being resolved. There will be no requirement for you to do anything as the changes will be made automatically to resolve this issue.

For more information please visit - http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/got-freesat/fix-a-problem/humax-freesat-boxes-rebooting.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

The problem I have is my box wont stay on so I cannot access anything in the settings etc. Sorry Im not that clued up on these things.

It comes on I get the Freesat logo on the screen then it flashes green and goes off. Ive tried using my remote as soon as it comes on but that also does nothing.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 9:42:06 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There were random reboots that were caused by interactions with freesat's servers. These are thought to have been resolved more than a week ago but I still see the odd report.

That problem is quite different from yours as your unit does not complete the boot.

I suggest you contact them again by telephone and request an exchange.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 10:11:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lizac

I get more info from a forum than the manufacturer!! Latest email response today from them

Dear Liza

As I stated in my previous email, Freesat are currently working on a resolution to this issue and your box will be automatically updated by them once they cure the problem.

Best Regards,

Catherine
    Humax Customer Support

That’s not much help when your box has been down for nearly 2 weeks!! I think your right I need to call them on their expensive customer service number.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 10:17:54 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Disconnect the network connection and tell them that and the unit fails to complete the boot.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 12:47:56 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

lizac

Thanks for you help REPASSAC been onto Humax new box is on its way

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 15:04:07 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Always nice to hear the result.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 15:31:24 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.