My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax 1800T Cant Delete Programmes

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nascar88

Hello,
    My wifes tv set up has the freeview box but its not connected to the internet.
    Both of us are early seventies and cant work out how to overcome this issue. My tv has a Sky box and so easy but this Humax one isnt!
    If a programme hasnt recorded due to signal failure or being switched off inadvertently she cant delete it. Where she has deleted programmes thats she has watched the empty box remains, how can we remove these?
    We tried by going to Deleting Files on the Media List page and pressing opt+ but the delete window is not highlighted. Any sugggestions please.
    Thanks
    Alan

| Sun 25 Sep 2022 14:11:43 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

nascar88 - 23 mins ago  » 
    We tried by going to Deleting Files on the Media List page and pressing opt+ but the delete window is not highlighted. Any sugggestions please.

The OPT+ button is definitely the one to use. Try putting the box into standby, waiting until the hard drive stops spinning and then turn the electric power off for 10 seconds, restart the box and see if you can delete now.

| Sun 25 Sep 2022 14:41:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

nascar88 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Where she has deleted programmes thats she has watched the empty box remains, how can we remove these?

In addition to what Martin has said you may still have an issue with deleting empty folders as the cause of the difficulty may be different.

When deleting empty folders it is not possible to delete them if you have them open. When you open an empty folder what you will see on the TV screen is a yellow "folder" with the selectable commend "Upper Folder".
    To delete that folder fist come out of it. You can use the BACK button once to do that.

To delete the blue empty folder select it using the up/down keys but do not open it. The folder should still look blue. Then you can use the OPT+ button.

| Sun 25 Sep 2022 16:38:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I seem to remember that this unable to delete problem can occur if you watch a programme and don't either watch to the end or press stop - you use back or exit instead. The recording is treated as still playing and can't be deleted. You could start playing again and explicitly press stop and see if that works. Of course, if it's in a folder you might have to check every recording.

| Mon 26 Sep 2022 10:58:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

EEPhil - 13 mins ago  » 
    I seem to remember that this unable to delete problem can occur if you watch a programme and don't either watch to the end or press stop - you use back or exit instead. The recording is treated as still playing and can't be deleted. You could start playing again and explicitly press stop and see if that works. Of course, if it's in a folder you might have to check every recording.

You remember correctly.

What Martin suggests cures the same issue on the HDR-FOX T2 for all recordings without having to first identify them, but I'm not 100% sure that works without the HDR-FOX T2 custom firmware, which isn't compatible with the HDR-1800T.
    There is also second way of deleting recordings which works regardless. I'll see if I can find time using an HDR-1800T, to try that other method, and also try Martin's method to confirm but it won't be for a few days.

Just to clarify, nascar88's original post contains 2 separate issues. The first is deleting of an actual recording, and the second is deletion of a folder. The method to delete a folder has confused quite a few people.

| Mon 26 Sep 2022 11:22:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I mention folder because I remember being unable to delete one once. I think it was one rogue episode that hadn't completed viewing properly. So, in that case, the two problems were connected. Which was what I assumed may have happened to the OP.

| Tue 27 Sep 2022 8:08:09 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

EEPhil - 12 hours ago  » 
    I mention folder because I remember being unable to delete one once. I think it was one rogue episode that hadn't completed viewing properly. So, in that case, the two problems were connected.

Please accept my apologies. I wasn't aiming that last paragraph at you. I should have posted that in a separate post rather than a post which quoted you.

EEPhil - 12 hours ago  » 
    Which was what I assumed may have happened to the OP.

The reason I believe that the OP has two separate issues is that in the original post the folder issue is described as "Where she has deleted programmes thats she has watched the empty box remains". As this scenario has no recordings, it is not the same issue as the first issue which is concerned with existing recordings.

| Tue 27 Sep 2022 21:13:36 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

nascar88

Thank you all for your suggestions, we have managed to delete the relevant programmes successfully.

| Wed 28 Sep 2022 13:06:01 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.