My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax 2000T can't connect to internet

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Susan Moon

Hi my Humax 2000T has stopped connecting to the internet. It's connected through a Humax Dongle. It had been working ok, but just stopped. Any ideas please.

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 11:09:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Have you tried clicking on 'Apply' in the Wi-Fi settings. I've had to do that once and it had remembered the password from before and it hasn't happened again.
    MENU > Settings > System > Internet Setting > Configure Wi-Fi

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 14:07:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Susan Moon

Yes done that, just keeps coming up as Connection failed, check your settings and try again!!!
    Had a lot of problems last year when I first got the box, but once I got it working it's been brilliant. Love watching catch up, but cant

| Fri 6 Feb 2015 12:23:19 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Re-powering your router is always worth a go. Like any computer once in a while you can get the odd problem.

| Fri 6 Feb 2015 12:58:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

these things can be a pain when they go wrong.

I assume the dongle is plugged into the rear, have you tried plugging into the front usb port?

Is there an ip address in the internet settings?

it may be worthwhile rebooting the router, allow 5 mins afterwards before testing, crossed with Repassac.

does wifi work for other devices

| Fri 6 Feb 2015 13:05:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Susan Moon

Yes the dongle is in the back. And my other devices work fine on wi-fi . I'll try rebooting. Fingers crossed x

| Fri 6 Feb 2015 13:23:48 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

After the router has fully rebooted I think you will also need to do a standby cycle on your 2000T. I don't know the unit but I suggest you Leave it in standby for more than 1 minute.

| Fri 6 Feb 2015 20:03:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

This won't help with your current problem. However, I find Homeplugs for streaming video a far better solution - more reliable and faster. I have tried wireless myself for another make of PVR and found it struggled with HD material.

When I bought my HDR-1000s I decided straight away to use Homeplugs and not had a moments trouble with them. All my streaming devices now use Homeplugs, they have been a good investment. I opted for Devolo, not the cheapest but they are well constructed and I have found them to be rock solid.

| Sat 7 Feb 2015 12:37:45 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Susan Moon

Thank you thank you thank you..... I finally got round to rebooting my Hub, turning the Humax off and SUCESS. I'm now back up and running.
    Thank you all my HUMAX FREINDS X

| Sat 7 Feb 2015 12:47:09 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.