My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax 4000t interference from blueray player on HD

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ward_ja

I have a Humax 4000t and a Sony Blueray play both plugged into a Samsung Smart TV via HDMI channels 3 and 4 respectively. When I turn on the DVD player the HD signal on the Humax goes too weak and I lose recordings when watching a DVD and recording in HD. The non HD channels seem OK so I can record on non HD to get around the issue. However it's not ideal, has anyone got any ideas ?

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 8:24:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Welcome to our forum. Remove the hdmi cable from the blu-ray payer and turn it on. if the problem persists physically seperate the two boxes from each other as far apart as possible. Replace the 4000T coax connections with quality double screened coax (Ideally use WF100 satellite grade coax).

Try a different HDMI cable on both boxes.

HDMI cables emit radiation in the UHF band if poorly screened. In this case presumably around the frequency used by your transmitter HD Mux.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 10:33:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ward_ja

Hi Graham,
    I took the HDMI out still had the issue, I separated the boxes and it's working correctly. I feel a bit stupid for not trying this myself, I didn't realise that one device could effect another device in this way. Many thanks for taking the time to share your advice.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 13:34:37 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ward_ja - 25 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    I took the HDMI out still had the issue, I separated the boxes and it's working correctly. I feel a bit stupid for not trying this myself, I didn't realise that one device could effect another device in this way. Many thanks for taking the time to share your advice.

Pleased it was so simple to fix in the end

There's always a small amount of RF radiated, sometimes even stacking them the other way up can fix things.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 14:02:00 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.