My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax apps

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJM

Is there a summary anywhere of Humax apps that work with the fvp4000t and what they do?

No mention of them in the manual and in google play most say they are for iCord Evolution & HMS-1000T whatever they are.

Thanks!

| Mon 22 Feb 2016 15:55:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bitterman

special member

LiveTV app does as it says, with the FVP4000T turned on, then you can stream any channel or recording made (non HD) to your tablet or phone (like SkyQ but without the time restrictions on recordings). I have the Ios one working on my phone. My wifes' Samsung Tab has the Android version and that works fine. Unfortunately Amazon Fire Tablets do not have the apps and Humax support did not offer any help to getting an app on a Fire HD which I wanted as I rarely use my phone.
    The tv remote literally replaces your remote but via your network, which for me is handy as my FVP is in the kitchen and I switch using it between there and my front room. When in the Main room the normal remote struggles to get a signal through, but the app works well for me(so far).
    Unfortunately I have not found a way to remotely schedule recordings which would be nice.
    The other apps have not worked for me and I do not think any (even the 2 that work) actually quote the FVP for use.

| Fri 11 Mar 2016 14:04:52 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bitterman - 47 minutes ago  » 
    LiveTV app does as it says, with the FVP4000T turned on, then you can stream any channel or recording made (non HD) to your tablet or phone (like SkyQ but without the time restrictions on recordings). I have the Ios one working on my phone. My wifes' Samsung Tab has the Android version and that works fine. Unfortunately Amazon Fire Tablets do not have the apps and Humax support did not offer any help to getting an app on a Fire HD which I wanted as I rarely use my phone.
    The tv remote literally replaces your remote but via your network, which for me is handy as my FVP is in the kitchen and I switch using it between there and my front room. When in the Main room the normal remote struggles to get a signal through, but the app works well for me(so far).
    Unfortunately I have not found a way to remotely schedule recordings which would be nice.
    The other apps have not worked for me and I do not think any (even the 2 that work) actually quote the FVP for use.

Have you tried transferring the app from the Android tablet to the Fire HD box

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/AGK-FIRE-INC-Fire/dp/B00QX52SLA&tag=blusas008-21

| Fri 11 Mar 2016 14:55:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bitterman

special member

Thanks I'll give that a go, I had looked at Rooting but as its only a few months old did not fancy it and many of my searches to get.apk files went to dodgy sites. This looks a better alternative.

| Mon 14 Mar 2016 13:41:35 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.