My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax box all recordings gone can't pause live tv

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clare0201

Hi yesterday my box just stopped playing recordings and then all recordings have now gone.
    What's happened to it. Didn't do anything to make it go like this wasn't use for most of the day as we were out. Also can hear odd clicking too.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 18:20:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Clare0201,
    It's not your fault, it does happen. Happened to me many years back. Which model number do you have? Is it the original Humax HDR-1000S or the more recent models like the 1100S that are more reliable (in theory)? If it's the older version this had a design fault with the mainboard & the Hard drive. Humax were offering repairs for a charge. Not sure if they still do this.

My guess is that your Hard drive has got corrupted & not only can't you record, but the buffer no longer works (partition for 2 hour continuous buffer for pause live tv). Have you tried unplugging box for say 30 minutes & see if you can reboot to access recordings? Might be worth a try.

If you can, I would not record anything else until you have cleared recordings, then do a full reformat of hard drive depending on the age of the hard drive. The main problem is that the hard drive is used everyday, hence you occasionally get problems. Please let forum know how you get on/if you need more help. Good luck. John

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 19:01:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Claire0201,
    Sorry, just reread the title section. Wrong pvr! My error. But maybe same advice though with regards hard drive problem. Worth turning off and then rebooting. Hope you are able to resolve. John

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 19:45:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The only option I know of is a fixed price repair. Others using the service have posted the box is returned with all recordings intact.

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs-2/

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 21:45:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

That sounds reassuring Graham. Depending on age of machine, hopefully they can repair mainboard without swapping hard drive. I know my Freesat was exchanged for a newer model for a small fee, but losing the recordings! Good luck Claire0201. Be interested to know how you get on. John

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 22:17:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Timdersticks

grahamlthompson - 1 week ago  » 
    The only option I know of is a fixed price repair. Others using the service have posted the box is returned with all recordings intact.
    https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs-2/

Thanks for this Graham, I had no idea such a thing existed. My 4000T just powered off suddenly the other night - almost as if something blew inside the machine - and won't turn back on again, so I guess sending it to these guys could be an option.

Out of interest, is there much difference between the 4000T and 5000T? I seem to remember there not being much of a gap in terms of when they were released, and the 5000T looks very similar to the 4000 - does the 5000 just address a few issues that the 4000 had? I seem to remember there were quite a few teething problems for some people with the 4000 when it first came out.

| Thu 8 Oct 2020 8:36:54 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Timdersticks - 1 hour ago  » 

Thanks for this Graham, I had no idea such a thing existed. My 4000T just powered off suddenly the other night - almost as if something blew inside the machine - and won't turn back on again, so I guess sending it to these guys could be an option.
    Out of interest, is there much difference between the 4000T and 5000T? I seem to remember there not being much of a gap in terms of when they were released, and the 5000T looks very similar to the 4000 - does the 5000 just address a few issues that the 4000 had? I seem to remember there were quite a few teething problems for some people with the 4000 when it first came out.

Essentially identical machines other than minor hardware differences like the location of the led that tells you what the box is doing. The mother board on my FVP-5000T actually says it's a 4000T.

| Thu 8 Oct 2020 9:58:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Timdersticks

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 

Timdersticks - 1 hour ago  » 

Essentially identical machines other than minor hardware differences like the location of the led that tells you what the box is doing. The mother board on my FVP-5000T actually says it's a 4000T.

Yes, I thought so - thanks. Not sure why my 4000 just stopped working the other night but it was almost 5 years old so I guess that's maybe around the normal life of them? A few other people on here seem to have had similar experiences lately too.

| Fri 9 Oct 2020 15:32:42 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.