My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax F2-FOX T

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

seasideman

Can anyone help, i have a Philips GR1AX space helmet tv will the Humax f2-fox t work without scart lead ie just aerial? i'm just getting no or poor signal error. Many thanks Steve

| Thu 28 May 2020 16:40:04 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

seasideman - 28 mins ago  » 
    Can anyone help, i have a Philips GR1AX space helmet tv will the Humax f2-fox t work without scart lead ie just aerial? i'm just getting no or poor signal error. Many

I assume the Philips TV doesn't have a SCART input? If so you would need to add a modulator attached to the component output sockets on the Humax.

| Thu 28 May 2020 17:10:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

seasideman

I thought this model had a rf modulator built in.

| Thu 28 May 2020 17:42:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

seasideman - 55 mins ago  » 

OK I confess I don't know what a Humax-f2-fox t is. Please can you confirm that is the model you have. I was assuming you had either an HD-FOX T2 or an HDR-FOX T2 neither of which have a modulator; the aerial out just passes the input aerial feed through to the TV.

| Thu 28 May 2020 18:42:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

It appears that a Humax f2-foxt is an old model (c.2006?) (with a UI similar to 9150T for what that's worth). Having traced a user manual for it, I can't see any reference to an internal modulator. I'm also assuming the TV is an old analogue one. Martin is therefore correct you need some form of modulator to get the output of the Humax into an analogue signal for the TV.
    If you have an old VCR with a SCART in connector it should be possible. I've managed something similar with some of my ancient kit.

| Thu 28 May 2020 19:36:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

seasideman - 2 hours ago  » 

It does.

I bought one 2nd hand as a small present for someone years ago but had a play before I gave it to her.
    The modulator default is UHF 36, but I can't find any 100% reliable proof that than can be changed. It probably can as you could change it on the later Humax 8000T. Presumably the F2-FOX is second hand and the previous owner may have changed the UHF output, or if the option exists have tuned it off. You may need to connect it to a TV with SCART to find out what the settings are

Have you tuned the TV with the F2-FOX switched on?

| Thu 28 May 2020 19:58:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

seasideman

Yes i have tuned tv it scans uhf then goes to ch.8 with error no or bad signal.
    Thanks

| Thu 28 May 2020 21:17:05 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

seasideman - 4 hours ago  » 
    Can anyone help, i have a Philips GR1AX space helmet tv will the Humax f2-fox t work without scart lead ie just aerial? i'm just getting no or poor signal error. Many thanks Steve

An F2-FOX T is a set top box with no recording capability, my first Humax that now resides in a draw under my bed. The PVR-8000T was basically an F2-FOX T with a hard disk.

| Thu 28 May 2020 21:37:59 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Oops. Just goes to show my speed reading is poor. The manual does mention an RF modulator pre-tuned to UHF 36 as Luke posted. It does mention a range of channels (21-69) but gives no indication as to whether a change is possible or how to do it.

| Fri 29 May 2020 16:20:41 #9 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Menu > Preferences > UHF Tuning > UHF Channel > and select the channel you want. Page GB 42 of my manual.

| Fri 29 May 2020 17:49:55 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.