My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Humax Foxsat-HDR Problem

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickyBoy

Hi
    I have had a Humax Foxsat-HDR box for the last 5 1/2 years but it seems to have given up the ghost this weekend. It is not receiving a signal despite the wires sending a very good signal. However now that the box has no channel list - I can't access my recordings as it keeps going in a loop, no channels, search for channels - no channels found and so on. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how I can get to my recordings as my box was 85% full!
    Thanks in advance.

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 18:26:40 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

How do you know the wires are sending a good signal?

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 19:44:38 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Location please, especially if outside UK. Did you factory reset? If so was postcode accepted.
    Most frequent cause loose F-connectors at the box end of the cable.

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 20:07:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickyBoy

I've had the wires tested. I'm in the UK. Yes I've done a factory reset, but it still doesn't find any channels. It was a gradual demise. Some channels had no or bad signal, then all, then no planner but still identified channels. Inow it's not finding a signal, any channels or recognise my postcode.
    Thanks.

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 20:42:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickyBoy

When I say I've had the wires tested, I mean for them sending a signal, and they were, but the box wasn't receiving it.

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 20:55:10 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

NickyBoy - 12 minutes ago  » 
    I've had the wires tested. I'm in the UK. Yes I've done a factory reset, but it still doesn't find any channels. It was a gradual demise. Some channels had no or bad signal, then all, then no planner but still identified channels. Inow it's not finding a signal, any channels or recognise my postcode.
    Thanks.

The most common problem is loose F-connectors. Reverse the cables and try again.

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 20:55:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickyBoy

I have swapped the cables round but it is still stops on booting up when I think cant find any channels. It doesn't recognise my postcode, and stops.

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 21:13:24 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Who tested your so called wires ? All the indications you have posted point to a problem with your dish alignment, failing lnb, problem with coax cabling (possible water ingress into coax cabling)

Do you know anyone else with satellite cabling including Sky ? If so can you try connecting the box to their dish cables to confirm the box is OK.

TBH it does seem to be likely a an external issue.

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 21:38:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickyBoy

Thanks both. I might be able to test the box on another dish. It sounds like I need a second opinion.on the dish.

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 21:46:56 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.