My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

HUMAX FOXSAT OTA's

(24 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Barry, can you confirm a OTA start date? The 14th perhaps?

Should be Thurs 13 from about 10am, but don't hold me to that

| Mon 10 Oct 2011 20:24:27 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Had a trawl through sone comments on other places, Forums, Blogs.

Not surprised to see the usual from some quarters, however there is also some misleading rubbish eg

1. Cannot get the unit to switch to a programme that is currently on air from the EPG - works for me.

2. Good one this, for the unit to update via OTA have to ensure that auto update is enabled in the menu?

| Tue 11 Oct 2011 8:35:06 #12 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 1. Cannot get the unit to switch to a programme that is currently on air from the EPG - works for me.

This is an issue I have always had: Instead it offers to set a Watch timer then asks if I want to Watch the programme then goes blank. It seems to happen as often as it does not and I have not figured why sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

If you want to dismiss my experience as misleading rubbish then it is hard to know what else you say we can trust.

| Tue 11 Oct 2011 10:30:28 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I have had the issue in the past (very infrequently) - but not for a long time - it found it just not possible to switch - had to use channel up/down. Might be something to do with the programme status changeing before it should?

| Tue 11 Oct 2011 10:57:04 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

swedish cook

gomezz - 12 hours ago  » 

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 1. Cannot get the unit to switch to a programme that is currently on air from the EPG - works for me.

This is an issue I have always had: Instead it offers to set a Watch timer then asks if I want to Watch the programme then goes blank. It seems to happen as often as it does not and I have not figured why sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
    If you want to dismiss my experience as misleading rubbish then it is hard to know what else you say we can trust.

On .15 firmware I've also had it offer to set a watch timer when the EPG is showing that its half way through a long program, you can get around it and for me its very infrequent, but there is definitely a bug around this area.

| Tue 11 Oct 2011 22:57:19 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Tried to replicate with over 30 channel selections, no joy, but will keep trying to see if I can tie it down.

| Tue 11 Oct 2011 23:57:53 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Tried to replicate with over 30 channel selections, no joy, but will keep trying to see if I can tie it down.

| Tue 11 Oct 2011 23:57:53 #17 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I can confirm that it happened for me with no active recordings about an hour ago: Going from BBC HD to BBC 4 at 12:31 a minute into the programme starting.

| Wed 12 Oct 2011 1:40:58 #17 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

OTA is on air.

For those unaware the whole OTA update process takes approx 25 minutes....YMMV

The software is now also available from the Usual Humax support site:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=65

| Thu 13 Oct 2011 10:06:32 #18 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Received reports of the OTA no longer being transmitted, and that certainly appears to be the case when I checked.

Have managed to make contact with Humax Towers, they are as surprised as anyone, and are trying to find out why, although it might be to late to get any definite news tonight.

Update when I have any.

| Thu 13 Oct 2011 18:56:39 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.