My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Humax Foxsat - Tuning Issue

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gazembra

Just joined forum and complete beginner so bear with me. I have the Humax Foxsat STB in a holiday let apartment and some idiot has messed around with the settings resulting in the original channels (101,102 etc) disappearing and when I look at the channel guide they start at 5031 and there are multiple copies of the channels and all regional variations. I just want to get back to what I had but dont know how to do it. Advice would be gratefully received. By the way Im not sure if this is relevant but I think it may have been switched away from Freesat as well. Does this make sense to anyone?

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 10:17:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to our forum.

It just means that the box is switched to non freesat mode and that someone has done a Free To Air scan on 28.2E.

Press
    Menu
    Settings - STB Mode

Use the left and right arrows to toggle between Freesat and non-Freesat modes.

You can use non-freesat to watch Channel 4 HD which is no longer on the Freesat epg. You can also record it by pressing record (a second time extends the recording time).

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 10:24:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gazembra

Thanks. I've tried that and still seems to be a problem. firstly it doesn't recognise my postcode says it's invalid. I've tried with and without space. No joy. Anyway when I try to do Freesat tune it just doesn't seem to tune into anything even though occasionally the strength bar shows a reading. However when I do manual tune it picks up Freesat 28e I Think it is but again I get channels starting with 5000. Any suggestions ?

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 19:43:01 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.