My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Humax Foxsat tv display problem

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

blackcat

Yesterday a fault has suddenly developed on my 16 month old Humax Foxsat HDR connected to a Sony KDL40 lcd tv

On all channels (HD and SD) any bright colours (i.e. faces) have a metallic tint on them

Every five minutes there is a light strobing on the screen with horizontal white lines that lasts for 10 – 15 seconds

This also happens with playing back recordings from the 1TB internal drive and an external USB drive

The fault is there on HDMI and scart output from the Humax box

The recordings play ok on my pc via Raydon’s Media & File Server bundle

I’ve read through several posts regarding the capacitor overheating problem but can’t find any reference to my problem.
    Has anyone got an idea of what could be causing the fault?

My machine is out of warranty (the Humax Warranty certificate only ran for 1 year – purchased from Play.com) but as a last resort I’d have to send back to Humax for repair.

I've tried a factory reset but the screen flashing is still there even on the menu screen

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 12:39:29 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The capacitor problem only affects Foxsat-HD models and stops the box booting.

Try powering the box off at the mains for 5 minutes or so.

If that does nothing

Try a factory reset.

Other than that it sounds like a repair job. Not that it's any consolation never seen symptoms like this reported before.

| Tue 29 Nov 2011 12:53:24 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.