My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Humax foxsat_hdr

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Suntor42

I have bought a second hand Humax tv box there is no postal code on it and I don’t no the previous owner .
    I am in Spain trying to set it up but it keeps asking for a post code I try and put my U.K. code in but it will not except it is there any way round this or do I have to take it back to the U.K. to register the post code

| Sat 17 Nov 2018 22:30:15 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Welcome to the forum.

Setup requires access to 11428 H, the freesat transponder, transmitted on the U.K. beam. I would guess you are not getting a good signal. You don't need to be in the U.K. just to be able to receive the frequency.

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 7:35:33 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you can get into the menus

Menu setup - Manual tune - Right - Transponder - all - right OK move down the transponder list to locate the Freesat home transponder.

On my Box it's labelled 11426 H 27500 2/3. Look at the strength and quality shown at the bottom of the screen.

Click OK on this and press down to highlight the Search button

This should find 18 channels

If you post your location we can probably find the estimated Dish size you need for your location

Attachments

1. Manual-Tune-result.jpg (108.1 KB, 7 downloads) 5 years old
    2. Manual-Tune.jpg (112.4 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sun 18 Nov 2018 10:24:19 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Some local knowledge for Spain reception here

https://www.satandpcguy.com/freesat/freesat-in-spain/

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 12:01:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Suntor42

Thank you all got it up and running now

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 19:14:05 #5 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

Would you like to share with us what the problem was and how you overcome it? It might just help others.

| Mon 19 Nov 2018 0:39:31 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kilril

It might help me. I am in Southern Spain, Almeria Province and have access to a 2.1mtr shared community dish and a 1.9mtr private dish.
    I just made a huge mistake. I have a Humax box FoxSat HDR which has been working absolutely fine. When we have different people stay in the apartment I have tuned it to their region by entering their postcode. Never a problem until now.
    I just tried to do the same thing as I've done before and it's stuck in finding postcode. Of course no problem doing a manual search as there's a strong signal but not much help as loads of channels and all out of order etc.

So I brought it to my house from the apartment and tried it here and exactly the same. I found some old info on the forum and guessed the problem is the Freesat transponder than downloads the EPG and the signal for postcodes. I haven't got the same one in the list but i'm guessing the one I have 11427H 27500 2/3 is the right one and I'm getting absolutely no signal.
    Is it possible that the time of year / atmospheric / earth rotation etc could be the issue as it worked before but surely I'd have some sort of signal, however weak instead of zero.
    I can get loads of channels using manual scan and all transponders

| Thu 18 Jun 2020 23:08:14 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kilril - 10 hours ago  » 
    It might help me. I am in Southern Spain, Almeria Province and have access to a 2.1mtr shared community dish and a 1.9mtr private dish.
    I just made a huge mistake. I have a Humax box FoxSat HDR which has been working absolutely fine. When we have different people stay in the apartment I have tuned it to their region by entering their postcode. Never a problem until now.
    I just tried to do the same thing as I've done before and it's stuck in finding postcode. Of course no problem doing a manual search as there's a strong signal but not much help as loads of channels and all out of order etc.
    So I brought it to my house from the apartment and tried it here and exactly the same. I found some old info on the forum and guessed the problem is the Freesat transponder than downloads the EPG and the signal for postcodes. I haven't got the same one in the list but i'm guessing the one I have 11427H 27500 2/3 is the right one and I'm getting absolutely no signal.
    Is it possible that the time of year / atmospheric / earth rotation etc could be the issue as it worked before but surely I'd have some sort of signal, however weak instead of zero.
    I can get loads of channels using manual scan and all transponders

The problem is down to the Freesat home transponder being moved to a UK spot beam transponder. Previously it was on a Europe beam transponder receivable over most of Europe.

https://satfi.co.uk/coverage/

Are you sure you can get UK spot beam transponders. Try BBC 1-HD on

Astra 2E 10847.00 V U.K. DVB-S2 8PSK 23000 3/4

If you can get this fine tweaking the dish alignment may get the home transponder.

Other than that if you know someone in Northern France can you ask them to set it up for you .

Once set up never press guide as this attempts to download a whole new epg. which will fail and take you back to square one.

Instead press schedule and then red. All transponders with Freesat channels carry the whole epg data. This is stored in Non Volatile RAM. It's possible that you still have this data. This epg is constantly updated from the transponder currently being used.

If you get into freesat mode bypassing setup, then try schedule - red.

A long time ago I sent someone a copy of the required file. I will have a look if I can find it.

You would need to flash the custom firmware to upload this.

EDIT

Channels file here

https://www.adrive.com/public/HkMJfR/FOXSAT-HDR_channels_backup.fcl

| Fri 19 Jun 2020 9:28:25 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kilril

HI Graham, I had been looking at some of your posts and could see that you are not only knowledgeable but also very helpful.
    Since posting I have been in touch with the guy who installed the communal dish and he reckons he has a solution which if it works will be a lot easier for me.

He says he has a friend who has an even larger dish, a bit further north, and he has used him before to take a Freesat box to pick up the transponder signal.

He's taking it there on Monday or Tuesday so I'll post if it was successful.
    The whole satellite TV system here is getting bypassed now with IPTV but I always like to not be dependant entirely on internet which has been erratic at the best of times. Now we have just had fibre optic and so far it's much better although with IPTV it's obviously dependant on the TV provider's servers etc.

Thanks again for the reply.

The communal dish must have picked it up before as I had changed the postcode twice before.

| Fri 19 Jun 2020 10:41:07 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kilril - 30 mins ago  » 
    HI Graham, I had been looking at some of your posts and could see that you are not only knowledgeable but also very helpful.
    Since posting I have been in touch with the guy who installed the communal dish and he reckons he has a solution which if it works will be a lot easier for me.
    He says he has a friend who has an even larger dish, a bit further north, and he has used him before to take a Freesat box to pick up the transponder signal.
    He's taking it there on Monday or Tuesday so I'll post if it was successful.
    The whole satellite TV system here is getting bypassed now with IPTV but I always like to not be dependant entirely on internet which has been erratic at the best of times. Now we have just had fibre optic and so far it's much better although with IPTV it's obviously dependant on the TV provider's servers etc.
    Thanks again for the reply.
    The communal dish must have picked it up before as I had changed the postcode twice before.

When up and running. Try and remember the schedule-red route to the guide.

Even if you have access to the home transponder it gives you instant access to the guide.

The move was around December 2019. If your postcode change was prior to this it would still have been on a Europe beam transponder.

If you install the custom firmware this has a remote control you can record macros on. You can create a button marked guide with schedule red as a attached macro.

The CF thread on AV Forums is still there but the download link is dead.

PM me for a link to a source for the .rar archive if you want to install.

Flashing this will update the firmware to the latest.

By the way a tad jealous :-). Had some great holidays in Mojacar many years ago.

| Fri 19 Jun 2020 11:21:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.