My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Humax Freesat box suddenly asking for password

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mum94bozeat

The box in question belongs to my Dad - he's had it for years but all of a sudden it keeps asking him for a password, which it's never done before. I don't know what model it is, I was just wondering if this was a problem anyone else had come across ? He's in his 80s and lives 150 miles away so getting the model number could take a while!!

| Thu 14 May 2015 7:43:22 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

He probably has inadvertently turned on parental guidance. Tell him to try entering zero four times (0000).

If you can get the model number it will make it easier to post the steps required to turn it off.

If it's a recording box and it's years old (box dates from late 2008), chances are it's a Foxsat-HDR.

Welcome to our forum.

| Thu 14 May 2015 9:24:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Could also be a lock on an individual channel as this is easy to accidentally enable via the Opt+ button, but requires pasword (0000 default) to remove it. Is there only one, or certain channels affected ? If so, enter the password to view the affected channel then hit the Opt+ button. This will bring up a menu which includes the option to disable the lock. On selecting disable you will be prompted for the password again before the lock is removed.

| Thu 14 May 2015 15:00:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mum94bozeat

Thank you both for your replies - next time I talk to him I will try and find out exactly what is going on and tell him about the default 0000 password.
    Thanks again, much appreciated. I'll be back when I've got more info.

| Thu 14 May 2015 21:13:20 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.