My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

HUMAX FREESAT PVR not recording series

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sara66

I have HUMAX freesat PVR while away for a month it was set to record "Homeland" and "The Good wife" as a series, sadly on my return only one episode of each was recorded. Both showed in the schedule to be recorded as series. Any explanation? V annoying!
    I made sure that there was plenty of room on the disc and left the machine on. I see latest update listed was before I was away so not sure if was an update issue?

| Thu 3 May 2012 17:44:55 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

sara66 - 5 hours ago  » Both showed in the schedule to be recorded as series

Showed? Where the entries not still there in the Schedule when you got back? Where the single recordings made put in a (Series)sub-folder or in the top level folder?

| Thu 3 May 2012 23:10:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sara66

gomezz - 11 hours ago  » 

sara66 - 5 hours ago  » Both showed in the schedule to be recorded as series

Showed? Where the entries not still there in the Schedule when you got back? Where the single recordings made put in a (Series)sub-folder or in the top level folder?

Hi & thanks for replying no there was one episode(the earliest) of each series recorded - no folder. I have recorded series (spiral - BBC2) before.They were still listed in the schedule to be recorded but not found in the media files as said v annoying! was there an update over April that could have knocked the scheduled recordings? If so how can one avoid this to avoid losing recordings ?

| Fri 4 May 2012 11:05:08 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sara66

sara66 - 5 hours ago » Both showed in the schedule to be recorded as series

Hi & thanks for replying no there was one episode(the earliest) of each series recorded - no folder. I have recorded series (spiral - BBC2) before.They were still listed in the schedule to be recorded but not found in the media files as said v annoying! was there an update over April that could have knocked the scheduled recordings? If so how can one avoid this to avoid losing recordings ?
    sorry duplicating this cos did not hit reply button befroe - not quite got the hang of the layout of this forum duhhhhh!

| Fri 4 May 2012 11:10:21 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

sara66 - 10 hours ago  » there was one episode(the earliest) of each series recorded - no folder

That suggests that for whatever reason they were actually marked as single recordings and not Series recordings.

| Fri 4 May 2012 21:27:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

katie111

Hi Sara, I have had exactly the same problem as you had - I set my recorder to record the whole series of "Desperate Housewives" and "The Bridge" and only the first week recorded while we were away, so I missed two weeks of recordings. Recording works for the whole series had always worked fine before - I can't understand what went wrong. Sob sob!

| Sun 20 May 2012 10:33:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

katie111

hi Sara

I have just phoned Humax Tel: 0844 669 8800 (UK Customer Helpline)
    Open: Lines open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (Excludes Bank Holidays)because I have the same problem as you, and they are going to courier me a replacement box at the end of the week. The warranty is for two years, so if you dig out your receipt you should get a replacement.

Best of luck!

| Tue 22 May 2012 13:55:51 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

katie - sara has a freesat unit not freeview.

From the info she has posted here, I agree with gomezz in that outwardly it appears single not series timers were set.

| Tue 22 May 2012 14:22:37 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

katie111

Hi - Have been away and just noticed the reply to my post I had the same problem with Freeview, of non recorded series, even though they were in the schedule as series recording. Humax have told me that when I go away and have a series set to record, I should set it to power up for 20 minutes each day on BBC1, so that the EPG regenerates. Apparently when the machine is set to power saving it "hibernates" causing the problem. I have not tried it yet, because I have not been away, but certainly will next time.

| Wed 18 Jul 2012 14:04:24 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

katie111 - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Hi - Have been away and just noticed the reply to my post I had the same problem with Freeview, of non recorded series, even though they were in the schedule as series recording. Humax have told me that when I go away and have a series set to record, I should set it to power up for 20 minutes each day on BBC1, so that the EPG regenerates.

Alternatively you could remove the pre and/or post padding that I am guessing you have set; you would then not need the 20 minute wake up which has its own risks.

| Wed 18 Jul 2012 14:33:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.