My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax FVP 4000T media display problems.

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimBee

This is the second problem I have found on a brand new loaned unit.

We have a Synology Media Server in the house for all images and music.
    The Humax found it instantly when in the Media mode and test playing of music is fine.

However when looking at a selection of stored photos in jpeg format it was OK on older lower resolution ones at 2045 x 1536 pixels but when a more recent 3264 x 2448 pixels image was selected a message came up on screen:-
    "Cannot support this file because the size exceeds 3300 x 2500".
    The message was displayed over the image or on a black background.

As a recheck I loaded similar sized pictures on a USB stick and plugged it into the PVR.
    The same error message came up.

Then put the USB stick in a separate old WD TV Live Streaming Media Player also connected to the TV.
    No problems. The unit delivered everything correctly displayed as it has always done.

I have checked all available documentation on the PVR and cannot find any reference to picture size limitations.

All our photos are taken at this higher resolution these days and unless some explanation regarding the problem and cure is available the PVR Media Player function will be of little use. It would have been great to have all facilities available in one unit.

Can anyone help please?

| Fri 22 Sep 2017 16:41:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimBee

As I had not seen any posting on my query I decided to contact Humax direct for information and help on this subject
    A reply soon came back:-
    Thank you for contacting Humax.
    Unfortunately there are limitations on the photos the unit can display, see below:
    1. Over 3000x2400 image.
    2. Over 8000 pixels on one side (width or height).
    3. Under 10 pixel.

Best Regards,
    JosephM
    Humax Customer Support
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shortly after I saw an announcement on their “New” FVP 5000T model. It seemed obvious that the problem I was experiencing would be solved so I wrote back asking for clarification and confirmation.
    Again a quick reply:-
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I will pass your feedback on to our development team but as far as I am aware the FVP-5000T will have the same limitations. We product recording device mainly that can also play video files, the picture aspect as a small minor side feature.

Best Regards,
    JosephM
    Humax Customer Support
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The whole situation is most unsatisfactory. If you look at the latest promotion details on the new unit taken directly from the Humax FVP 5000T web page:-

“Sharing your content with others couldn’t be simpler.
    Watch videos, play music and view photos on the big screen via USB or external hard drive.
    Alternatively, enable your computers media sharing feature to access its content directly on the FVP-5000T.
    • Plug & play your content without the need for anything extra”

This advert is most misleading and should not be displayed without some comments on the limitations. For most users of the Media Server function the picture aspect is NOT a small minor side feature!!!!!.
    If you read this Barry I would be interested to know what response you get from your contacts at Humax.

This and the other intermittent Standby problem posted elsewhere has caused me to hold back on purchasing the Humax model. We really wanted something with 3 programme recording. Will wait now and see what develops.

| Thu 28 Sep 2017 10:34:56 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.