My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

Humax Green Screen

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Charles60

Hi Damian - the box is more than 2 years old. Nothing was added or changed. But I will try the v-format approach and see if it resolves the problem. I will post the results probably tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

| Thu 29 Aug 2013 12:20:50 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Charles60

Hi Damian - I'm afraid the v-format approach did not result in a breakthrough. SCART connection continues to flourish but Green screen on HDMI connection persists. Ideas?

| Fri 30 Aug 2013 14:20:09 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

shame, there's always Graham's psu capacitor soldering iron approach.
    If it's handshaking issues then sometimes a cheap powered hdmi 3->1 switch has helped some people (the sort of thing you get for £9.99/£11.99).
    I'm assuming you only have the one hdmi input or have tried the other/s. Also, if you have other hdmi equipment connected to the TV try again with no other hdmi devices connected, i.e. on its own.
    I'm also assuming that it's on the latest firmware?

At the risk of losing your channels if the freesat signal is poor, you could try a factory reset new install. This is the only time that resolution is queried, choose the lowest, i.e. 576p, the box will autotune again and if the freesat signal isn't strong enough it may take a while to accept your postcode and tune. If this works you'll still be able to toggle to a higher resolution i.e. 1080i

If all the above fails then it's looking like soldering time. If you can try the box on another TV and the green screen is still present then it's highly likely that it's the box and any amount of tweaking/fiddling/resetting/unplugging won't help

let us know how you get on

| Fri 30 Aug 2013 17:09:06 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

At the risk of losing your channels if the freesat signal is poor, you could try a factory reset new install. This is the only time that resolution is queried, choose the lowest, i.e. 576p, the box will autotune again and if the freesat signal isn't strong enough it may take a while to accept your postcode and tune. If this works you'll still be able to toggle to a higher resolution i.e. 1080i

Check 407 FASHION ONE before a reset, if reception is OK. a reset should work (It's the one channel that uses the Freesat home transponder)

| Sat 31 Aug 2013 8:48:50 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Charles60

Hi guys, sorry to have been slow to respond but I have been out of the country for the last few days. Picking up on your point Graham, I do not have a channel 407 Fashion One on the listings. I have retuned the box to see if this will find ch 407 but no luck. I have gone thru from 101 to 999 and no Fashion 1. I have not yet tried the recommended factory reset. Freesat signal is good - the initial tuning screen shows the signal strength to be well into the green. I am running thru the scart connection at the moment is it a good idea to leave the HDMI lead connected in the hope that the box will select the appropriate connection?

| Tue 17 Sep 2013 10:52:09 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Charles60 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi guys, sorry to have been slow to respond but I have been out of the country for the last few days. Picking up on your point Graham, I do not have a channel 407 Fashion One on the listings. I have retuned the box to see if this will find ch 407 but no luck. I have gone thru from 101 to 999 and no Fashion 1. I have not yet tried the recommended factory reset. Freesat signal is good - the initial tuning screen shows the signal strength to be well into the green. I am running thru the scart connection at the moment is it a good idea to leave the HDMI lead connected in the hope that the box will select the appropriate connection?

The channel shutdown a few days ago after being removed from freesat.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps/page/27#post-20491

| Tue 17 Sep 2013 12:09:08 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.