My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Humax H3

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Snowflame

Does anyone know if the Humax H3 streaming box is still available? If not is there anything out there that will be compatible with a HDR-1100S?

| Thu 5 Dec 2019 18:28:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Snowflame - 7 mins ago  » 
    Does anyone know if the Humax H3 streaming box is still available? If not is there anything out there that will be compatible with a HDR-1100S?

Can you run a thin flat cat 7 network cable from the 1100-S to the remote TV location ?

| Thu 5 Dec 2019 18:36:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Snowflame

Not without major surgery to the house. I have Sky q with mini box at present but need to save some of my well-earned pension money, so will be cancelling Sky if/when I find something like a (near) replacement.

| Thu 5 Dec 2019 18:44:45 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Snowflame - 15 mins ago  » 
    Not without major surgery to the house. I have Sky q with mini box at present but need to save some of my well-earned pension money, so will be cancelling Sky if/when I find something like a (near) replacement.

Are you happy with Freeview-HD rather than Freesat ?

| Thu 5 Dec 2019 19:00:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Snowflame

My knowledge of Freesat is limited. I know that there is a Recorder and a Receiver. With a receiver would you need a box to view an EPG?

| Thu 5 Dec 2019 19:34:48 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Snowflame - 1 hour ago  » 
    My knowledge of Freesat is limited. I know that there is a Recorder and a Receiver. With a receiver would you need a box to view an EPG?

No but virtually any box you get will be a recorder. You set recordings using the epg just like a sky box.

You can connect a IP streaming box to an aerial and your router or a dish depending on model. . Connect a usb drive it becomes a recorder. Live TV and recordings can be viewed on a lot of kit. TV's with DLNA, laptops, tablets etc.

https://vboxcomm.com/overview/

| Thu 5 Dec 2019 20:52:16 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.