My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HUMAX HDR-1000S problems after clocks change

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humax UKNW

HUMAX HDR-1000S problems after clocks change

This morning, after the overnight clocks change, my HUMAX missed several manual timer recordings, local News (Can only set it up for Daily) , SKY Papers etc.

They also disappeared from the EPG

When I tried to re-enter the same times, to record entire series again, I was not allowed to, saying there was a conflict with the same timer, even though it had disappeared !!

Seems to be a problem with just SKY News, and BBC News !!

If I go forwards a few days, same problem, but I can enter recording timer, but only for a single event.

For other Channels, I can enter series recordings no problem...

I have re-booted the box a couple of times, no better.

This reminds me of my Technisat Freeview PVR, which on clock change days, twice a year, it all goes to pot until the following day !!

So, I will try again tomorrow...

Single recordings set up for SKY News Papers at 22:30 and 23:30 still remain OK.

Can anyone help in the meantime ?

Thanks

PS:

I have over 70 timers set, I don't really want to do a system reset to manufacturers

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 12:57:16 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

The box needs to be on during the time change to update its clock as it happens, otherwise the box will not update the time until it's next turned on or when it wakes up 15 mins before a recording start time to get the information from the freesat transponder.
    So in this case the chosen start time would have already been and gone when the box woke up which is why it didn't record.
    As for the conflict you could try selecting Planned Recordings and delete/cancel the timer you already set if it's there.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 13:12:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humax UKNW

Thanks

The box is left switched on permanently.

It did a manual recording at 6am, but not the other 6 before 9am, and they all disappeared from the timer EPG !!

As for deleting planned recordings, none show, until I try to set a timer for the same time, then I get the error message. !!

Perhaps it'll all come good tomorrow morning !

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 16:36:34 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Have you tried a factory reset? You won't lose recordings but you will need to reset any you have planned.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 16:56:34 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I would be inclined to remove the box power for 10 minutes. Restore power let the box auto boot to restart the clock and return to sby. Now boot the box normally. Intrigued why the box is left on 24/7. It will be continually recording and re-recording the hard disk time shift buffer (not good for the service life of the HDD) let alone costing money on the OP's energy bill.

Note If the default settings haven't been altered the box will go into sby after 3hrs of no activity on the ir port.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 17:10:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humax UKNW

Thanks both..

I did the power off / power on as suggested, with a 10 minute delay, and the manual recordings for tomorrow morning re-appeared in the Planner EPG.

They must have always been there, but hidden, which is why I couldn't redo the timers, nor delete any.

A couple of recordings since the delayed reboot, have been OK

Still at a bit of a loss as to why one manual recording this morning was ok, the 2nd one, but all subsequent ones didn't record, and they disappeared from the Planner EPG.

I leave the box on, as I am often awake overnight, and also found it was unstable if I auto powered down and up sometimes.

I also do quite a few recordings overnight, mainly repeats of programmes that are on at 9pm, so there is a conflict as to which to record at that time!

When I checked the recording at 6:10 am this morning, the box clock was correct, with the new Summer Time.

One slight issue, I found that setting a manual recording at 6am for SKY News, and 6am for BBC Breakfast, the SKY recording would inevitably FAIL.

I got around this by setting the SKY News recording to start at 5:58am, not a failed recording since.

I have my leap forwards set at 2 minutes,so it is very easy to view SKY News from 6am.

This is also beneficial for skipping ad breaks, as most seem to be 4 minutes exactly !

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 17:57:14 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Humax UKNW - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks both..
    I did the power off / power on as suggested, with a 10 minute delay, and the manual recordings for tomorrow morning re-appeared in the Planner EPG.
    They must have always been there, but hidden, which is why I couldn't redo the timers, nor delete any.
    A couple of recordings since the delayed reboot, have been OK
    Still at a bit of a loss as to why one manual recording this morning was ok, the 2nd one, but all subsequent ones didn't record, and they disappeared from the Planner EPG.
    I leave the box on, as I am often awake overnight, and also found it was unstable if I auto powered down and up sometimes.
    When I checked the recording at 6:10 am this morning, the box clock was correct, with the new Summer Time.

Seems to have been sorted. Always worth trying a power off cycle as it can shift all sorts of odd memory corruption and it's less hassle than a reset, especially if you have changed from defaults. I always forget one (usually the auto sby option)

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 18:04:59 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humax UKNW

Yes, the 10 minute wait corrected the error.

Must put a note on the plug...... Wait 10 minutes!

As for leaving the HDD running, on my previous SKY HD Boxes, they remained on 24hours, with timeshift, for at least two years, no problems.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The bit I added after you quoted me, at the same time actually !!

One slight issue, I found that setting a manual recording at 6am for SKY News, and 6am for BBC Breakfast, the SKY recording would inevitably FAIL.

I got around this by setting the SKY News recording to start at 5:58am, not a failed recording since.

I have my leap forwards set at 2 minutes,so it is very easy to view SKY News from 6am.

This is also beneficial for skipping ad breaks, as most seem to be 4 minutes exactly !

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 18:21:38 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Humax UKNW - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, the 10 minute wait corrected the error.
    Must put a note on the plug...... Wait 10 minutes!
    As for leaving the HDD running, on my previous SKY HD Boxes, they remained on 24hours, with timeshift, for at least two years, no problems.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    The bit I added after you quoted me, at the same time actually !!

The 1TB hard drive in my Foxsat-hdr installed Dec 2008 is still fine. I doubt it would be if left on 24/7.

Time shift buffer file corruptions are not that rare. These are easy to fix on the Foxsat-HDR machine as it's relatively simple to lock out the corrupted (worn out) disk sectors without affecting existing recordings. This isn't possible on a freetime box, and neither is saving your recordings prior to a hard disk format (also possible on a Foxsat). The only solution is a full disk format. I don't know how the time shift buffer works on a Sky box, they may not simply use the same allocated disk sectors for the file. If so this doesn't mean very much.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 18:43:16 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humax UKNW

Monday morning..... the day after.

All the manual timer recordings have taken place, no problems, and the daily timers have transferred across to tomorrow.

As I gather, the Humax performs a system check upon startup.....

I will try again to put the Humax on standby, if even just for a short period overnight !

I do find it annoying though as it switches off, without any warning, especially if watching something, either live or pre-recorded, perhaps "Would you like to Stay On " type message, as on all my TV's !

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 6:36:37 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.