My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax hdr 2000t

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sueprice90

I'm looking for help. My screen has been freezing and then get message the receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak.

| Wed 8 Mar 2017 20:31:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Sueprice90

Try these suggestions to see if its any of these.

check all your connections and make sure they are tight and in good condition.

Check it is not interference that's causing it, example you get TV break up on your TV maybe due to heavy traffic interference or electrical.

Also if you can check your signal strength in setting is around 88 would be ideal but anything from 50 to 90 should be OK to, also check to see if the signal goes up and down quite a bit as this will cause it to, it should remain quite stable although it can move slightly through wind.

hope this helps

| Wed 8 Mar 2017 22:40:23 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bill63 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Sueprice90
    Try these suggestions to see if its any of these.
    check all your connections and make sure they are tight and in good condition.
    Check it is not interference that's causing it, example you get TV break up on your TV maybe due to heavy traffic interference or electrical.
    Also if you can check your signal strength in setting is around 88 would be ideal but anything from 50 to 90 should be OK to, also check to see if the signal goes up and down quite a bit as this will cause it to, it should remain quite stable although it can move slightly through wind.
    hope this helps

Digital signal strength is largely irrelevant, especially as the measurement varies greatly between different kit. With a clean signal even low strength signals can give 100% reception. The key value is the quality. Digital (unlike analogue) has built in data redundancy that can correct the ability of the tuner to recreate the original digital stream of zeros and ones. A quality of 100% indicates none of the built in error correction is used.

You can add amplification to boost the signal strength, if it reduces the quality it will be useless. In some cases too strong a signal creates the same problem. Basically it overloads the tuner front end (especially if the tuner is designed to work in fringe areas, creating a reported low signal strength due to the clipping of the carrier frequency). In this case the solution is simple, fit a attenuator to reduce the signal level.

Two common causes of problems are.

Co-Channel interference caused by extended propogation during high pressure extended reception from distant transmitters.

Close up multipath reception (the equivalent of ghosting on analogue).

I have this problem, behind my house I have close up tall trees in the direction of SC. In calm weather I have reliable reception from Sutton Coldfield. In any sort of wind the reception breaks up due to the trees moving. Pointing my aerial at the much weaker Lark Stoke transmitter in the opposite direction gives reliable reception even with a loft aerial.

Basically the fluctuating signal is the symptom, the clue is the quality going to zero.

Finding out why is the key. The above are the main reasons why, though local interference can't be ruled out.

One pretty common issue is radiated RF from a HDMI cable especially when poorly screened coax interconnects are used.

If your TV has issues with it's built in tuners try disconnecting the hdmi cables (both ends) from any powered kit to eliminate this.

| Wed 8 Mar 2017 23:03:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sueprice90

Thank you for your suggestions. Will try tomorrow.

| Thu 9 Mar 2017 0:04:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi Sueprice90

I had this problem for about a month only on certain HD channels than it all came right. Since then the box has been A1 and I havent had any picture drop outs, freezing or blocking.

Ive been ironing out noise issues but the picture and operating system are superb on the 2000T

Its not my aerial system so I dont know what happened. Its more than likely to be transmission, local interference, your aerial cables, connectors or your aerial.

It's a niggly problem though. I couldnt afford to get someone in with testing equipment so I'm glad it started working.

Best wishes

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 7:09:08 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.