"Humax HDR-2000T problem with HD multiplex"

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

You have all been very helpful and this is an excellent forum. Thankyou

Please can you watch this video on you tube

"Humax HDR-2000T problem with HD multiplex"

This is what Im experiencing on one HD channel block. Im in a different area to the video poster so the channel number is different.

I can get an hour before this happens but it usually starts straight away

Its an infuriating problem. Should I take the box to my dad and see if he has the same problem. That would prove something.

Any reasons for this or is the box possibly faulty. If so why does it work very well on other channel groups? Heeeelp

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 11:34:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Ah latest news is Ive removed the HDMI lead and am watching through a scart lead.

Great improvement with no drop outs so far so I should have listened to the first advice I was given. Recordings went well with HDMI out as well.

I cant believe that it would be radiation from the lead that Humax supplied.

So possibly the next stage would be retry the HDMI for proof and then buy a better but cheap screened HDMI lead. I have a large braided one I bought on ebay for £4 so I will try that soon

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 18:56:47 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Minstrel SE - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Ah latest news is Ive removed the HDMI lead and am watching through a scart lead.
    Great improvement with no drop outs so far so I should have listened to the first advice I was given. Recordings went well with HDMI out as well.
    I cant believe that it would be radiation from the lead that Humax supplied.
    So possibly the next stage would be retry the HDMI for proof and then buy a better but cheap screened HDMI lead. I have a large braided one I bought on ebay for £4 so I will try that soon

It's more likely the problem is either the coax leads or a cheap unscreened wall outlet plate. I make my own coax interconnects using WF100/PF100 satellite grade cables using screw on f connectors and Belling Lee F type converters where required.

Google fitting a f connector.

Never had any problems with the standard HDMI leads Humax provide ( I have 4 Humax HD boxes (2 Freesat and two Freeview).

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 19:11:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Well I have Qed Qunex which are supposed to be double screened. I have screened coax in other applications with the best fully foil shielded coax but not satellite grade

The wall outlet plate is a bit dodgy if anything.

Ive certainly had the longest period of viewing tonight 3 hours and no issues with the scart lead plugged in.

I am pretty annoyed actually that an HDMI lead can cause issues. These leads will naturally be near coax cables and wall plates. I dont use cheap coax cables

I will go f connectors if necessary and 100 grade cables but it was a job I did not expect to have to do.

I have just had a brief stuttering dropout but I am probably getting other signal problems and have neighbours everywhere with their devices

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 20:07:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Well its still happening and Ive lost picture for four minutes straight so I will go quiet now and just follow up the works at Winter hill and any other factors I feel I have control of. I cant do any more but check over my cables

All I can say is that intermittent TV interference is off the richter scale of annoyance.

I will have to move. I need to be in full control of an aerial and the full downlead. This is one of the hassles of living in flats I dont own.

Its probably the amplified system and aerial in a large block. It may well be an aerial which hasnt been adjusted or upgraded recently. It could be neighbours with computer radiation or heck knows what...too many variables and no way of checking everything

Thanks again for everyones guidance on an excellent forum. Im only really losing BB1 HD and BB2 HD as I dont watch or record much telly

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 23:01:29 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.