My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax HDR 2000T question

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

demto

I read somewhere that it is possible to transfer a recording from the HDR 2000T hardisk to a usb memory stick.
    I have tried everything I know but no success. Can anyone
    tell me how to do it.

The other question I have is should the USB memory stick be
    formatted to FAT32 or NTFS

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

| Mon 6 Jan 2014 19:35:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

demto - 1 hour ago  » 
    I read somewhere that it is possible to transfer a recording from the HDR 2000T hardisk to a usb memory stick.

Yes providing it is SD.

I have tried everything I know but no success. Can anyone
    tell me how to do it.

So what have you tried?

The other question I have is should the USB memory stick be
    formatted to FAT32 or NTFS

Either should work. FAT32 has a maximum file size of 4GB.

| Mon 6 Jan 2014 20:59:39 #2 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I don't have a HDR-2000T, but I believe it is similar to the HDR-Fox T2. FAT32 should be fine for files of 4 GB or smaller. I think that there is support for NTFS read/write on this machine and this format does not have the 4GB file size limit. If you plug the USB drive in and select 'media' on your remote then 'storage' (blue button) there should be a USB option if the drive is detected. Click on this and you will see the USB stick listed and be able to explore its contents. Go back to HDD storage, select the programme or programmes to be copied, press the 'OPT+' button and select 'move/copy'. You should be able to copy the file/s to the USB drive by highlighting it/ them and pressing the 'copy' button (red). Copying is not quick. High def. files will be encrypted but will play on the same machine (search for Foxy by Raydon).

If you cannot see the USB drive. Copy any files from it you want to keep onto a PC and reformat: do a full format (not quick) and try again. This should work.

| Mon 6 Jan 2014 21:06:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

grovep

You can do this for HD on the HDR2000T using a piece of software called foxy. See http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxy-an-hd-recording-backup-utility-for-the-hdr-fox-t2-now-released.240/.

Basically ftp over to the humax box and take a copy of the hmt program file. On the pc drag the file into the foxy program window. The foxy programs changes a flag in the file. Then put the file back on the humax by ftp and the "Enc" icon shown next to the recording should no longer be present.
    On the humax box then copy the program to usb which will decrypt it as it copies it.
    SD recordings can be copied straight to the usb using the humax.
    you can use usb to transfer the files instead of ftp if you prefer

| Mon 6 Jan 2014 22:08:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

demto

To Martin Liddle

Thanks for your reply. Its good to know that files can be transferred as I was beginning to doubt it could be done.

I have had a PVR before but not a Humax. Things work differently on different makes of PVR including how to transfer files. I tried what i thought might work but my knowledge is limited.

| Mon 6 Jan 2014 23:27:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

demto

Hi Montyseviltwin

Thanks for the info, ..following your instructions i have managed to copy one of my Humax recordings to a usb memory stick. I am well pleased, thankyou.

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 14:09:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

demto

To GROVEP

Thanks for your info, I would like to try transferring a HD recording some time but as a beginner I am concentrating on
    normal definition.

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 14:23:41 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Basically ftp over to the humax box and take a copy of the hmt program file. On the pc drag the file into the foxy program window. The foxy programs changes a flag in the file. Then put the file back on the humax by ftp and the "Enc" icon shown next to the recording should no longer be present.
    On the humax box then copy the program to usb which will decrypt it as it copies it.
    Am I right in thinking if I copy HD recordings to a USB drive, using this procedure, I should then be able to watch the resulting files on my HB-1000S in HD?

I've successfully copied one SD recording from the HDR-2000T's HDD to USB stick and played it back on the HB-1000S. Quality is not great.

At present I'm watching my way through the recordings on the HDR-2000T's HDD before returning it to John Lewis. If I could shift the recordings to a USB drive and watch them later, that would allow me to get on with this return without losing the recordings.

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 18:01:45 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JamesB - 19 minutes ago  » 

Am I right in thinking if I copy HD recordings to a USB drive, using this procedure, I should then be able to watch the resulting files on my HB-1000S in HD?

Yes providing you follow the full procedure.

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 18:22:53 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Excellent. Thanks.

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 18:29:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.