My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax HDR 2000T question

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

grovep - 9 months ago  » 
    You can do this for HD on the HDR2000T using a piece of software called foxy. See http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxy-an-hd-recording-backup-utility-for-the-hdr-fox-t2-now-released.240/.
    Basically ftp over to the humax box and take a copy of the hmt program file. On the pc drag the file into the foxy program window. The foxy programs changes a flag in the file. Then put the file back on the humax by ftp and the "Enc" icon shown next to the recording should no longer be present.
    On the humax box then copy the program to usb which will decrypt it as it copies it.
    SD recordings can be copied straight to the usb using the humax.
    you can use usb to transfer the files instead of ftp if you prefer

grovep - have you ever actually tried this using an HDR 2000T? I tried it with mine and found that it uses thm files rather than hmt ones and so Foxy does not recognise them. Even changing the file extension to hmt does not enable Foxy to do its work...?

Any thoughts?

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 19:09:18 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Victor Delta - 1 hour ago  » 

grovep - 9 months ago  » 
    You can do this for HD on the HDR2000T using a piece of software called foxy. See http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxy-an-hd-recording-backup-utility-for-the-hdr-fox-t2-now-released.240/.
    Basically ftp over to the humax box and take a copy of the hmt program file. On the pc drag the file into the foxy program window. The foxy programs changes a flag in the file. Then put the file back on the humax by ftp and the "Enc" icon shown next to the recording should no longer be present.
    On the humax box then copy the program to usb which will decrypt it as it copies it.
    SD recordings can be copied straight to the usb using the humax.
    you can use usb to transfer the files instead of ftp if you prefer

grovep - have you ever actually tried this using an HDR 2000T? I tried it with mine and found that it uses thm files rather than hmt ones and so Foxy does not recognise them. Even changing the file extension to hmt does not enable Foxy to do its work...?
    Any thoughts?

.thm files are the small thumbnail images used for chapter point images on all Humax pvrs I have experience of, they aren't needed at all for playback. I don't have a HDR2000T but I can't imagine it's any different to the others.

| Sat 11 Oct 2014 20:30:06 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Graham, thanks for putting me right on this.

When I copy an HD video to a USB, there appear to be 3 files - the ts media file, a thm thumbnail file and an nts file.

Should there also be an hmt file?

| Sun 12 Oct 2014 0:23:23 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Victor Delta - 9 hours ago  » 
    Graham, thanks for putting me right on this.
    When I copy an HD video to a USB, there appear to be 3 files - the ts media file, a thm thumbnail file and an nts file.
    Should there also be an hmt file?

I don't have a HDR 2000T so can't give you a definite answer.

Normally you would get 3 files xxx.ts, xxx.nts and xxx.hmt. The thumbnails aren't normally copied to usb.

The .nts has navigation data in it and the .hmt contains data like the programme synopses, recording dates and times etc.

Raydon has a programme for the HDR FOX T2 (AV2HDR-T2) that can create the sidecar files from a non native recording. Not sure if this will work with a HDR2000T.

Perhaps the HDR2000T is different.

| Sun 12 Oct 2014 9:52:48 #14 |
  5. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

AV2HDR-T2 only works on standard definition programmes. Copying a programme to USB should copy over all four files: if there has not been a reboot since a recording was made and it has not been played there will be no thm file. The thm is not really important because it will be recreated when you play the file on the HDR-2000T. Can you see the hmt files if you connect to the box with ftp? There should be a hmt file for each programme, both standard and high def.

| Sun 12 Oct 2014 10:57:55 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MontysEvilTwin - 29 minutes ago  » 
    AV2HDR-T2 only works on standard definition programmes. Copying a programme to USB should copy over all four files: if there has not been a reboot since a recording was made and it has not been played there will be no thm file. The thm is not really important because it will be recreated when you play the file on the HDR-2000T. Can you see the hmt files if you connect to the box with ftp? There should be a hmt file for each programme, both standard and high def.

I have used AV2HDR-T2 with 1080i content from my camcorder. I have also just tested it with a 1080p50 file, it worked absolutely fine.

| Sun 12 Oct 2014 11:30:48 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I have just created 6 additional recordings (2 HD, 2 SD and 2 Audio)on the HDR-2000T and played a few seconds of each so that the thumbnail was created for the HD and SD recordings.
    In all cases exporting the recordings via USB produced a ts, an hmt, an nts, and for the TV recordings a thm file on the USB memory device.

| Sun 12 Oct 2014 12:23:28 #17 |
  8. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

I have used AV2HDR-T2 with 1080i content from my camcorder. I have also just tested it with a 1080p50 file, it worked absolutely fine.

I thought that it could not recreate the sidecar files for HD content (TS files) recorded on the HDR-FOX? Can anyone confirm?

Edit. I think if you use the programme with an (unencrypted) HD TS file from a HDR-FOX (so probably also a HDR-2000T) it can't cope with the AAC audio so you end up with no sound.

| Sun 12 Oct 2014 12:35:45 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MontysEvilTwin - 41 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

I thought that it could not recreate the sidecar files for HD content (TS files) recorded on the HDR-FOX? Can anyone confirm?
    Edit. I think if you use the programme with an (unencrypted) HD TS file from a HDR-FOX (so probably also a HDR-2000T) it can't cope with the AAC audio so you end up with no sound.

Not sure why you would want to use AV2HDR-T2 on a native file as you already have sidecar files unless of course you want to edit the content. It's easy to sort out the aac audio, create a ac3 copy of the audio (I use FLV MP3 Converter) and remux the file with TS Muxer GUI.

Attachments

1. screen_2014-10-12_13.16.54.jpg (109.7 KB, 3 downloads) 9 years old
    | Sun 12 Oct 2014 13:20:40 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have uploaded a short clip .ts .htm and .nts to here

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1698F958AF9ACDA4&id=1698F958AF9ACDA4%21105

Can someone with A hdr2000t stick all 3 on a usb stick and see if it plays back. Note the clip was recoded from 1080p25 to 1080p50 as I didn't have any native 1080p50 content handy, so as a result it has some motion artefacts.

If the hdr 200OT doesn't recognise it then deleting (or renaming) the .hmt and .nts) should make the .ts playable.

| Sun 12 Oct 2014 14:08:58 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.