My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax HDR-2000T - Remote not working

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CBL

Hi Everyone,

I have just bought a Humax HDR-2000T and as yet, I have been unable to get the remote to work in any way whatsoever.

The only way I can turn the unit on is by pressing the power button on the unit itself. The Humax setup screen appears, asking which language I would like subtitles in, but because the remote is not functioning, infuriatingly I cannot proceed passed this menu screen.

I have tried switching the batteries in the remote for new ones to no avail.

I have ensured that the remote is set to 'PVR' and not 'TV'.

The PVR button on the remote lights up in red each time a button is pressed.

I have confirmed that the remote itself is not faulty by setting it to 'TV' and using it without any problems to control my television.

Any help or suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

CBL

| Fri 22 Nov 2013 21:46:12 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Remote and unit code mis-matched?

Clutching at straws I know.

With unit on, remote pvr button pressed, then try pressing 0(zero) and OK together for a few seconds, PVR button on remote should light up and a message appear on screen re changing the remote code, press any number from 1 to 6 then OK.

| Fri 22 Nov 2013 23:31:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

CBL

Hi Barry, many thanks for your reply.

When I hold the 'zero' and 'OK' buttons, the 'PVR' button does light up, however no message appears on the screen. I have tried then pressing a number from 1 to 6 and then 'OK' but the problem remains the same.

Is there anything else you can suggest?

Thanks,

CBL

| Sat 23 Nov 2013 8:01:43 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

That would suggest to me that the remote sensor on the unit is not working.

Unless anyone else has an idea, I would contact supplier for an exchange.

| Sat 23 Nov 2013 8:10:29 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.