My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ not responding

(16 posts)
  1. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

It has been reported by other users that powering up the Humax from standby (when it is recording) does not setup the HDMI handshaking properly, The suggested 'fixes' are not very satisfactory, they include .... 1) Get the latest software on the Humax (which you have already done), 2) Get newer software on your T.V. (usually not available), . . . . . . . . . 3) Use a scart lead as it's only the HDMI connection that is at fault (better than nothing but not ideal), Sorry for the dissapointing reply

| Fri 18 Nov 2011 19:17:05 #11 |
  2. mickiow

mickiow

Thank you very much, that was information I have not heard before.

I will see if there is any update for the TV, and if not then try a scart lead.
    Mick.

| Fri 18 Nov 2011 21:43:09 #12 |
  3. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

One last bit of info. it has also been reported that having an HDMI and a scart connected from the Humax to your TV at the same time can sometimes cause problems, It will probably be O.K. but if you start getting Green screens or black screens when first turning on the Humax (HDMI sync. failure) remove the scart and try again

| Sat 19 Nov 2011 1:02:07 #13 |
  4. mickiow

mickiow

ezra pound - 8 hours ago  » 
    One last bit of info. it has also been reported that having an HDMI and a scart connected from the Humax to your TV at the same time can sometimes cause problems, It will probably be O.K. but if you start getting Green screens or black screens when first turning on the Humax (HDMI sync. failure) remove the scart and try again

Thanks, I will try it with a scart only.
    Will using scart mean when a pre set recording starts it will change the TV source to the channel being recorded?
    Which is not ideal.
    Mick.

| Sat 19 Nov 2011 9:51:45 #14 |
  5. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Will using scart mean when a pre set recording starts it will change the TV source to the channel being recorded?

Yes I'm afraid it will (although it shouldn't), You can avoid this by cutting pin 8 of the scart, But this will stop any future auto switching to that scart lead permanently

| Sat 19 Nov 2011 17:37:49 #15 |
  6. mickiow

mickiow

ezra pound - 20 hours ago  » 

Yes I'm afraid it will (although it shouldn't), You can avoid this by cutting pin 8 of the scart, But this will stop any future auto switching to that scart lead permanently

Thank you,cutting pin 8 of the scart seems the best way if using a scart is the only way to be able to watch a recording in peace!
    Mick.

| Sun 20 Nov 2011 13:56:27 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.