1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Did you follow the download instructions? See here

| Tue 10 Jul 2012 16:17:03 #11 |
  2. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

If you still have problems after following the instuctions in the link above, it may be worth checking these general USB Flash download guidlines, NOTE you are best to have the TV on so you can see the progress of the download :-

* Remove any other USB devices and power cycle twice (waiting for HDD spin down each time)

*Do not use a USB extender cable

*Removing all other files / re-formatting can prevent file fragmentation

*Try both USB ports (HDR)

*As a last resort, try a different USB Flash Drive

Also the progress bar will pause, usually at 79%, 89% and 99% to be patient

| Tue 10 Jul 2012 16:54:53 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sian

Ha ha, yes, my son had downloaded into a folder so once he extracted it out it worked fine - only difference to instructions was that it said the display would say 'Successful download' when in fact it just said 'End'.
    Just a query, why had my box not automatically updated at all since July 2010?

| Tue 10 Jul 2012 17:45:00 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sian - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Just a query, why had my box not automatically updated at all since July 2010?

how do you leave the box overnight: in standby, active or with the power turned off at the mains? Leaving it in standby is the best way to ensure automatic updates happen.

| Tue 10 Jul 2012 17:59:15 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

When the update is complete 'End' will appear on the front display, "Download Successful will appear on the TV.

Unit has to be in standby overnight to automatically update via OTA when broadcast.

| Tue 10 Jul 2012 18:00:22 #15 |
  6. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Sian : Just a query, why had my box not automatically updated at all since July 2010?

The automatic update or OTA is started at 4:30am every night, Your Humax must be in stand-by at this time e.g. amber light around the centre button. Also it is only transmitted on with the High Definition channels so if you don't get Hi-Def on your Humax you won't get an OTA either

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 0:53:57 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.